You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A question about silent night
12-23-2012, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2012 12:37 AM by onwind.)
A question about silent night
Hey, friends, I know this question is not related to fishing, but I think perhaps you guys can give me some help.
this is the first year we family live in Toronto, My wife and I want to visit a church on the silent night to have a look of how native canadians celebrate this holiday. from Google I found out St Paul is the largest church in Toronto, but it's too far(28 kms) away from my home, Do you know where is other good candidate for us? the nearer to markham the better.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2012, 02:29 AM
RE: A question about silent night
St. Patrick's Parish is located in Markham. Here is a link to the website: http://stpatrick.on.ca/sp/

This is the church me and my family attend.

Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Giuga10 for this post:
onwind (12-23-2012)
12-23-2012, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2012 05:53 PM by MuskieBait.)
Silent Night is a song...I think you are referring to Christmas Eve and the Christmas Vigil. Wink

It's not really a Canadian tradition per se...not all Canadians are Christians. I'm Chinese and also a Catholic. We celebrate Christmas the same whether in Hong Kong or in Canada. Various churches will have slightly different ceremony, but the spirit of the religious holiday can be felt regardless.

Just trying to be politically correct Big Grin

Any Christian denomination church can provide you that experience...even your local parish. It doesn't have to be a big church. Smile

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MuskieBait for this post:
onwind (12-23-2012)
12-23-2012, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2012 07:09 PM by onwind.)
Haha, I am also from China. we call Christmas Eve as "Peaceful night" or "Silent night" in Chinese. yes, what I meant is Christmas Eve. I prefer a gorgeous church where we can enjoy its architecture and Mural at the same time.

(12-23-2012 05:51 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Silent Night is a song...I think you are referring to Christmas Eve and the Christmas Vigil. Wink

It's not really a Canadian tradition per se...not all Canadians are Christians. I'm Chinese and also a Catholic. We celebrate Christmas the same whether in Hong Kong or in Canada. Various churches will have slightly different ceremony, but the spirit of the religious holiday can be felt regardless.

Just trying to be politically correct Big Grin

Any Christian denomination church can provide you that experience...even your local parish. It doesn't have to be a big church. Smile
12-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Abel,

Just a suggestion, Im not sure its the decorations of the church that will give you a great experience but more the friendy atmosphere within the church community.

The Unionville alliance church is located on 16th ave just east of kennedy.

you might want to check out that church.

~Jeremy.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jeremy Ray Green for this post:
onwind (12-23-2012)
12-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't compare St. Patrick's Parish to Notre Dame Church but it is still a nice Church and has a great service, me and my family will be going there tomorrow.

Giuga10
12-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Moved to Off-topic.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas Abel! Welcome to Canada! Which church did you end up going to?

[Image: logobgs.png]