You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A shore Anglers tackle box...
06-05-2012, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 12:49 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: A shore Anglers tackle box...
(06-03-2012 08:59 PM)MikeH Wrote:  I got mine at /bass pro for just under 50 bucks including tax. Folds down pretty compact, but has a big net area when opened plus its rubberized, so no nylon knots chopping scales off fish....

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Go...0368/77042

Also, get a good size net.

As I learned the hard way, a small net is quite ironic in its purpose Tongue

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Tackle box?
Well thanks for all the input, I really am thankful for the guidance. I am still learning at this...only just caught my first fish this week!

My goal while I am living in TO (I am not sure if we are going to be here for the long term just yet) is to try and keep it all compact, lightweight and simple. So with that in mind, I went out a few weeks back to CT and got this:

It came with the 4 trays, that I have loaded up with everything I own here.
This is my entire fishing kit (minus rod) its very simple, but mainly because I do not know what I am missing, or more likely I do not know what to do for various setups. I am still very much a learner.

I am really happy with this. It suits me well for shore fishing and getting around on the TTC. I can walk far and make it easily through bushes, or along the rocky shorelines.
By all means, if you have any advice - I am all ears.
I am thinking about what my plan will be for the commin months, and right now I feel like I want to try for every kind of fish available in the GTA. I fish for pike as that is the fish I know, but I am open to learning and trying out as many as I can.
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to --G-- for this post:
MichaelAngelo (06-21-2012)
06-21-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Tackle box?
(06-02-2012 06:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Okay...this is part of my gear that I take fishing 90% of the time.

This is one of the best $10 I've spent...a soft bait folder from BassPro. I put a pop can next to it for comparison.

[Image: IMG_6157.jpg]

Instead of just soft baits, I use this to its full potential...as you'll see soon.

Ken, this is an absolutely beast system! One of the most valuable chunks of fishing wisdom I've read in a while. I've been contemplating what to do gear-wise on my next backpacking trip, and this seems like a very solid option.

You crammed everything you needed into that little box. LOL I don't know why but that's exciting. I'm thinking of all the space I can save Tongue

06-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Threads merged.

06-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks for sharing! Smile
07-06-2012, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 06:32 PM by RiverAngler.)
Hello! new to the forums. I thought this would be a great thread to contribute to. It's a funny way to get to know an angler very quickly.
First, here's an overview of everything i keep in my tackle box.

Here's a better look at the top row. Big compartments top to bottom, we start with a golden lipless crankbait. Next some spinners, one black fury, one perch pattern, one copper with dark tail, two silvers one with dark tail one with light. Next, the husky jerk bait. 6 wire leaders with snap-on swivels. 1 lonely artificial minnow (the last of his pack). I couldn't find a package of varied spoons, and i heard the 5 of diamonds is a hit with pike, so i opted to buy a pack of them. about 5 diff sizes i think. last of the lures are soem pre-rigged jigs from last trip. On the left are various hooks, from small panfish size, to large bait-holders. Also a few small jig-heads.

A better look at the 2nd row. From left to right we start with the largest of the 5 of diamonds spoons. Next, in the plastic bag are 3 tiny brass swivels, and beside them are some drop shot sinkers. Then various floats, balsa, foam, andthe standard red/white. Obviously along the bottom we've got some split-shot sinkers, on the right side, we've got worm hooks, and some larger white jig heads.

Lastly, the stuff at the bottom. On the left is my stringer. On the right you can see my scissors, my floating fillet knife, scaler and needle nose pliers. They are all holding down a drop-shot rig (you can see the swivel above the scissors, the hook below the scaler and the sinker below the pliers). Around the toilet paper roll i've got a few more rigs i've tied this week. My soft artificials are 3" white ribbontail grubs, 3" glowing chartreuse power minnow and 6" naturaul nightcrawlers

Things left out here, would obviously by my rods and reels. I keep a spool of "south bend" 20lb mono for making leaders (bad idea? i heard i should be using flouro). Polaraized "versace" sport sunglasses (msrp >$300, but i caught them falling off the back of a truck). 50SPF sun-screen. Deep woods OFF! bug repelent. And lastly a bar of soap in a ziploc bag (important to wash hands after bug juice and before lures. Not to mention after worm guts and before lunch). Oh and a tiny plastic 8 compartment PLANO box, that i use for small outings, or when my dad insists on using his tackle.

Hope you had a good look. Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Ahh, what should be the second pic is all the way at the bottom. I checked the formatting but can't see what's wrong . . . please bear with me Confused

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Cheers!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RiverAngler for this post:
TOFishingNoob (10-01-2013)