You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A shore Anglers tackle box...
05-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Tackle box?
Well guys, I went to Bass Pro Shop at the weekend (after being up at Canada's wonderland for the first time) and I bought all these:

[Image: photoak.jpg]

Now the problems is I have too much kit for the small box I was using.

I am looking for the most compact and lightweight solution. Ideally I want to get something I can either put in my back pack, or something that would replace the backpack.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2012, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2012 11:44 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: Tackle box?
Good haul!

How about a flat plano box? I have one that fits into my backpack.something like:

[Image: 3500.jpg]

make sure you air it out between uses, or your tackle might rust

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2012, 12:24 AM
I have a box that came with some soft lures i bought as a pack from CT when i got my rod. I dont really like the lures, but the box is useful, I just dont have enough space in one box for them all.

I might swing by CT this weekend and see if they have anything that might do. Plus i need some more bait so that would be a good idea.
Off the islands tomorrow hopefully, sadly no fishing to be done (friends are over, so its all touristy things to do)

The haul at Bass Pro would have been bigger, but time was against me. There is so much choice there. I could have spent double the time and money and STILL not been finished. awesome place.
05-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Sometimes it's not about how many lures you have...but which one you have the most confidence in catching fish Wink

Instead of getting a bunch of lures, start with a few old standard in ONLY a couple of colours...and learn to use them well. After that, you can explore other options once you know how certain types of lures work. It takes a while to understand how and when to use a certain lure, and what size (length and/or weight) you need for the most common situation.

Been there...done that...probably have $2000 in lures at home that I don't use on regular basis. I can count with my fingers how many lures I toss 90% of the time. Rolleyes If you want more lures, I can sell you lots at reduced cost. I'm actually trying to get rid of some lures to fund other fishing stuff Big Grin

Strangely, I've went back to bait more and more...lure fishing is fun, don't get me wrong...but if I want to put someone on fish, there's nothing that can compare to a well presented live bait. Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
05-31-2012, 11:52 AM
I agree with what you are saying, I dont need to spend $$$$'s more on lures, I just wanted to boost the variety I have on hand. Back home I had a good selection I would use and learned alot then, but it was getting frustrating not having certain types/sizes.

the trouble I am having right now is getting TIME to go fish and try these out Smile

I have a half day today, and am heading to the island to meet some friends, think I might take my rod and try for a sneeky little hour.

After reading what you have said, its made me think to only take a few lures and learn them...if I only have an hour it might be the best way to spend the time.
06-01-2012, 11:03 AM
This is what I use currently, but I need a slightly longer one so that I can all the kit in it I want.

Any suggestions on things to add?
[Image: kit1k.jpg]
06-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Nailclippers
hook sharpening stone
good set of needle nose pliers
home made bait needle

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM
(06-01-2012 02:14 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Nailclippers
hook sharpening stone
good set of needle nose pliers
home made bait needle

- yes.
- yes.
- yes.
(thinking I can get all at CT downtown)

- ?? Home made bait needle? what is this?
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
baiting needle is used to put bait on to your line..usually in a hair rig u would use it. I use an old jig..straightened out the hook and works just fine.

Born to fish, forced to work.
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
This the idea?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRoWwtnzTbY