You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Any advice would be welcome
06-05-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: Any advice would be welcome
Wow, thanks for all the great tips guys.

I have already tried a number of these, but they are all great. The dead bait was the style of fishing we used back home, so i prefer to stay on lures, just keeps it more interesting and mobile.

I will drop a better note off once I have some bites and will update
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2013, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 09:49 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
(06-05-2013 01:31 PM)--G-- Wrote:  I have already tried a number of these, but they are all great. The dead bait was the style of fishing we used back home, so i prefer to stay on lures, just keeps it more interesting and mobile.

But... it's both more interesting and more mobile to catch and fight fish rather than having them ignore lures Wink

You can still make minnow fishing interesting... pitch a minnow on a hook in front of the pike you spot. Just like you would fish a lure.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 09:38 AM
I recall seeing a large pike sunning itself once when i was a youth and putting everything in my tackle box in front of its nose and it just laid there. On the other hand I've seen pike in our local bay bite at just about anything. Sometimes I guess they're not hungry!
07-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Frustrating when you can see the fish but no takers. Always happens to me as well. Hard for fish to bite when weather is sunny and hot, now that you located the fish, fish at night or early morning, use lures that makes lot of noise, or top water ones. The vibration on the lure will entice them. Since you were fishing Toronto GTA waters, also lot of boat traffic, I presume those pike have seen them all. Spoked in most cases.