You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Anyone else experience this?
06-08-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: Anyone else experience this?
Just for clarification, The only reason why I asked what he was doing with his catch was because I had noticed the three rods in the water. I would have told him nicely that what he was doing is not allowed as I had told him previously on another date but he decided to respond rudely, the previous time I had simply told him that the Ontario rule is that only one rod can be in the water at the same time, he said ok and removed his extra rods... This time it didn't turn out the same way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 09:41 AM
I only recently learned that having only one line was legal, having seen several people casting with one rod and float fishing another. Someone I met told met they thought that wasn't allowed so I checked the ministry website. Seems to me though that looking after two or more lines at once would be less fun than work anyways!
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 09:57 AM
(06-05-2013 05:58 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  I finished the call with the MNR and they told me they would call me back (they never did) so I assume they never did end up getting him Undecided.

Did you call 1-877-TIPS-MNR? As far as I know you don't need to call the COs directly, I believe local police can enforce fish and game laws. Since there are very few Conservation Officers they are strung out all over, it can take them a long time to respond, if at all. You can call the local police, but I wouldn't make it a 911.
07-08-2013, 10:50 AM
(07-08-2013 09:57 AM)Dave Bailey Wrote:  Did you call 1-877-TIPS-MNR? As far as I know you don't need to call the COs directly, I believe local police can enforce fish and game laws. Since there are very few Conservation Officers they are strung out all over, it can take them a long time to respond, if at all. You can call the local police, but I wouldn't make it a 911.

I called the tips hotline. Also police can not enforce fish and game laws unless there is a safety risk involved. If it is simply a fish and game violation like the one in this thread you are not allowed to contact police for it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Not allowed to? Not saying you're wrong, but I find that difficult to believe.
07-09-2013, 12:21 AM
I think you are mistaken on the police enforcement of fish and game laws, they are fully capabalbe of issuing fines etc for violations (according to the policeman who I have encounter by the waters edge)
07-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Sometimes I'm not sure whether they do those illegal things by ignorance or deliberately. assuming they're in the first case and I will try to tell them what I know of the regulations. unfortunately they always told me other people do so too. I have never tried calling MNR, but one day I will.
07-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Many people do not know what they are doing is wrong. Casually pointing it out is usually the best means. And like stated earlier, stay out of harms way. You can educate, but enforcing is done another way. Education is usually what is lacking.
07-09-2013, 08:27 PM
ANY "PEACE OFFICER"
Can Charge a person with a violation of the law.

Most of the the local Police Organizations are not trained in Environmental Law, / Mnr's rules and regulations.

This Is why they will refuse the call..

Us as citizens cannot even ask a person if they have a valid fishing license.

Giuga, you have the right heart for your fishery.

Just you being an advocate and showing off your Catches means allot to us.

lets see them photos Wink ...

~Jeremy.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jeremy Ray Green for this post:
Giuga10 (07-09-2013)
07-09-2013, 11:57 PM
(07-09-2013 08:27 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  Us as citizens cannot even ask a person if they have a valid fishing license.

I would say that we can, it would be freedom of speech. They are not, however, obligated to answer, and if they choose not to then there's really nothing we can do, except call the COs if we have suspicions. There is nothing illegal, that I'm aware of, in asking a person a question. After all, we are allowed to perform citizens arrests if we see a crime taking place, why would our ability to ask a question be abridged?