You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bass Pro Spring Classic
03-08-2013, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 01:36 AM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Bass Pro Spring Classic
(03-07-2013 09:43 PM)grubman Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 12:51 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 09:33 AM)grubman Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 10:02 PM)TOFishingNoob Wrote:  You bet... Handed it in today. Felt a load of bricks lighter... Working on the email. Not done yet... Gonna be a long one... Seems I got all my assessments and tests this week...

Brain overload, that's what school tries to do. Their agenda seems to be, "How much can our students take before they get permanent brain farts"......lol.

Have you went to school in China? It makes going to school in Canada feels like daycare. Dodgy

Canada schools are far behind everyone else. It's just the work load that is high in Higher Education...lol. Even when I was studying I would get subjects from the library to get my mind of school. The change of venue really helped me to concentrate.

The other students I was with were from Kenya and Egypt and Hong Kong and they all say that everything we were taking at that time OAC (grade 13) they already did in their own country in grade 8 or 9. That's a big difference.

Did you go to school in China?

I grew up in Hong Kong until 10 years old...yeah, we learned about multiplication tables in grade 2, fractions in grade 3 and equations in grade 4. I learned to read Chinese until grade 4...I did keep it up after in Canada...but today I can read Chinese newspaper...

Education and performance expectation is very different here. It's not uncommon to fail kids in Hong Kong...but almost unheard of here. And teaching methods is very different...in Hong Kong, it's literally spoon feeding you information. There is good and bad about it...but feeding a lot of info to kids when their brain is most plastic to learn...that's not really a bad thing at all.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
(03-08-2013 01:32 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  There is good and bad about it...but feeding a lot of info to kids when their brain is most plastic to learn...that's not really a bad thing at all.

No, not bad at all. Schools here first teach kids to play, play and more play up to grade 4, that's how it was in my day. Then it was slow paced learning, a general system. I was ready to sprint and the schools are at a walking pace, it bored me to death.

I later worked with an architect from Egypt. He was shocked at how little they knew and how ignorant the architects here are. That's probably why city hall was built by Viljo Revell from Finland.....lol.
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Did anyone buy anything from the sale?

[Image: logobgs.png]
03-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Not yet...haven't had a chance to go Sad Hope there are still something left next week...

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

03-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Spring Classic was awesome...they robbed $400 from my bank account. Rolleyes

Malama o ke kai

03-27-2013, 09:45 PM
(03-27-2013 04:49 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Spring Classic was awesome...they robbed $400 from my bank account. Rolleyes

LOL are you at least going to share what you bought?? Smile

[Image: logobgs.png]
03-27-2013, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 11:05 PM by MuskieBait.)
Well, my original intention was to get an 8-wt Temple Fork Outfitters Pro Special fly rod...

Then I thought it was silly just getting the fly rod without a fly reel...since the Sage 1680 fly reel was on sale...so I bought that...

Then I thought it was silly just getting the 8-wt reel when I need to upgrade my 5-wt reel as well...so I bought the Sage 1650 fly reel also...

Then I thought it was silly just getting a rod and reel with no line on it...so I bought 300 yards of 30lb gel spun backing and an 8-wt floating fly line...

Then I thought it was silly also not getting line and backing for the new 5-wt reel...so I bought 150 yards of 20lb dacron backing and a 5-wt floating fly line...and another backup fly line since they were on sale...

Then I thought it was silly having at 10-wt at home, and now the 8-wt, to not have a rod/reel carry case for the two combos...and since the Remington rod/reel double rod case was on sale, I bought one...

And the next thing I know...$400 less. Rolleyes

But now most of my fly rods are TFO rods with their No-Fault Lifetime Warranty...and the reels are either Sage or Orvis...so I'm quite satisfied for a while...until the next major upgrade on the reels from the cast aluminum Sage to the machined aluminum Orvis that I've coveted for so long...but that will have to wait until I have a full time job.

Can't really complain on the Sage since they are large arbor reels with center sealed graphite drags and a good powder coated corrosion resistant paint. It should last at least a few years with some care. I'm hoping to use the 8-wt on some bonefish in the near future Wink

Malama o ke kai

03-28-2013, 01:45 PM
It appears that smart may be expensive.............smile

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
03-28-2013, 02:29 PM
I bought a Rapala fillet knife for 10 bucks last saturday.
Find all posts by this user