You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Call about fishing ban, or maybe take up knitting instead
06-10-2012, 06:15 AM
RE: Call about fishing ban, or maybe take up knitting instead
(06-10-2012 12:20 AM)Magikarp Wrote:  There are bigger problems in the world than a fishing ban. and the point of a forum is to discus and learn more so this is where i can find out useful information and get called out by people who take fishing far to seriously. Remeber we do this to relax?
(06-09-2012 03:40 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(06-08-2012 12:29 AM)Magikarp Wrote:  Does anyone really know what they mean by a fishing ban? it sounds bad if you like fishing and id hate to see toronto turn away fishing for everyone but what does it mean like fishing in general is banned or only in certain parks/rivers or special areas? I hadn't herd a thing about this until i read it so i guess ill go look up information on it but it just seams silly to say no fishing anywhere in toronto city limits. maybe rob ford will see this as the war on fishing just like he loves to talk about the war on cars who knows.

so apparently its just for the harbour front. which kinda sucks but then again the water quality in the harbour is terrible so maybe its best there is no fishing there. might be in your best interest health wise lol. at least we have toronto island. I'm guessing someone probably got hooked walking along the board walk so they are shutting it down good thing is lake ontario is big they only closed .1% of it the rest is good to go!

Wow.............. your "look up" regarding information should prove both informative and (hopefully) enlightening.

Regards,

OldTimer

Bro it totally Did!

100% agree. There are worse things in the world you hippies! Big brother is always right!

/sarcasm
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
(06-10-2012 12:20 AM)Magikarp Wrote:  There are bigger problems in the world than a fishing ban. and the point of a forum is to discus and learn more so this is where i can find out useful information and get called out by people who take fishing far to seriously. Remeber we do this to relax?

There sure are bigger problems in the world than a fishing ban...like the City of Toronto decided to shut down fishing access along the Lakeshore BEHIND CLOSED DOORS and WITHOUT PUBLIC CONSULTATION!!! A motion was made to secure fishing access...but the City decided to erect No Fishing signs BEFORE the motion had even been discussed and official voted and passed (or rejected). That is undemocratic. How much bigger a problem do you need? We do live in Canada after all.

It may be fishing today...it could be extra taxes or shoving the subway bill down your throat the next day...or why don't we all pay a tax for plastic bags...oh, forget about that, there won't be bags...so now please bring extra reusable bag wherever you go starting 2013. The City seems to make all these decisions on their own without consulting any of the voters.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2012, 01:10 AM
(06-07-2012 09:10 AM)MikeH Wrote:  Toronto city parks General manager 416-392-8182

Be polite, please take 2 minutes out of your day and call. Ask the admin to connect you with someone who can explain the reason for the new no fishing ban, which parks are affected and why there was no public consultation.

Two minutes out of your day to let them know this is not going past easily.

Today is Monday folks, let's get their phones a 'ringin.

No further derails on this thread, thank-you. MuskieBait is right, the city took action behind closed doors. This should not go unnoticed.

Let's get calling!

[Image: logobgs.png]
06-11-2012, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 08:01 AM by OldTimer.)
(06-11-2012 01:10 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  [quote='MikeH' pid='2182' dateline='1339074602']

Today is Monday folks, let's get their phones a 'ringin.

No further derails on this thread, thank-you. MuskieBait is right, the city took action behind closed doors. This should not go unnoticed.

Let's get calling!

This link goes to an article in today’s Toronto Sun:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/10/fis...waterfront

Deputy Mayor Doug Holyday must be living in a vacuum………… either that or the mayor and the councillors at city hall never speak to him.

Dig his quote in the clip below:

Wow – this man is totally uninformed!

This motion goes before the Toronto Executive committee TOMORROW!

Please make your call now, as early today as is possible. You can make a difference!

Or send a polite email - simply saying that you are not happy with the No Fishing signs, and that you support fishing and the Gone Fishin motion……..to all these parties:

councillor_holyday@toronto.ca

mayor_ford@toronto.ca

councillor_fletcher@toronto.ca

councillor_vaughan@toronto.ca

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
MichaelAngelo (06-11-2012)
06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm liking the positive responses posted below the article! Big Grin That's the one time I enjoy reading those responses Big Grin

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

06-11-2012, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 11:55 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
Emails sent, call to Toronto City Parks GM made. The best I could get out of the Toronto City Parks is a message with the receptionist. She said I would get a call back. I will let you guys know.

Let's get more people calling!

[Image: logobgs.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MichaelAngelo for this post:
OldTimer (06-11-2012)
06-11-2012, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 03:28 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Moderator's note:

off topic post deleted

Bro When I Say Its Good To Fish Its Good To FISH!
06-11-2012, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 01:13 PM by MuskieBait.)
(06-11-2012 01:01 PM)Magikarp Wrote:  
(06-10-2012 06:33 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  

There sure are bigger problems in the world than a fishing ban...like the City of Toronto decided to shut down fishing access along the Lakeshore BEHIND CLOSED DOORS and WITHOUT PUBLIC CONSULTATION!!! A motion was made to secure fishing access...but the City decided to erect No Fishing signs BEFORE the motion had even been discussed and official voted and passed (or rejected). That is undemocratic. How much bigger a problem do you need? We do live in Canada after all.

It may be fishing today...it could be extra taxes or shoving the subway bill down your throat the next day...or why don't we all pay a tax for plastic bags...oh, forget about that, there won't be bags...so now please bring extra reusable bag wherever you go starting 2013. The City seems to make all these decisions on their own without consulting any of the voters.

re-usable bags are environmentally friendly and cut down costs. at first you will hate it. then you will get used to it and find something else to get mad over. you seam mad bro. you don't have to be mad.

I already use them since day one. I have no issues with them. I just like to keep it as a conscious, personal choice, rather than a decision that the city dictates for the people. If the City of Toronto collectively voted to remove plastic shopping bag, then that is fine...but do it with a public vote and get a consensus...not some sudden motion made by the City counsel because they don't like the $0.05 tax that Mayor Ford suggested. I see that more as a retaliation against Ford's ideals more than a decision that would benefit Toronto. A $0.05 tax for bags is actually not bad...as long as the money is used for environmental remediation or proper garbage disposal to deal with the bags. Nothing is life is free...everything has a cost. So it does make sense to impose a $0.05 tax for bags.

BTW, if you think cutting plastic bags will solve anything, what do you use to hold your garbage at the moment? Black garbage bags. Plastic will always be used until a better solution is provided. In my ideal world, there will be a separate organic waste pipe in each kitchen to deal with the organics. At the moment, I do use the plastic shopping bags for garbage, ranging from the large grocery bags to the clear bags you use for fruits and vegetables. Doing so cuts out the black plastic bags from my garbage...so I'm not doing any better but not doing any worse.

I'm mad because the counsel decide to run the city like a police state. You gotta make a strong stance for something that you believe in...especially since fishing is a passion of mine. Otherwise, you become sheeps and the government just herd you into their slaughterhouse...

Malama o ke kai

06-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Focus fellas............ fishing!

More current info/postings on the real issue concerned in this thread:

http://www.openfile.ca/toronto/blog/2012...-desk-week

http://www.globaltoronto.com/city+counci...story.html

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
06-11-2012, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 03:29 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Moderator's note:

off topic post deleted

Bro When I Say Its Good To Fish Its Good To FISH!