You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cheap Braid Line - Braided line from China, Ebay, DHGate
09-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Cheap Braid Line - Braided line from China, Ebay, DHGate
Fishfight gave me a heads up about cheap braided line available from DHGate.

By cheap, I mean $6 for 100m, $20 for 500m. Wow!

[Image: 3934l3b_20.jpeg]

Some discussions on other forums:

http://fishingterritory.com/hooks-lines-...23975.html

http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...8&start=15

Doesn't seem too bad, right?

Well, purchased a 100m 8lb spool from this seller:

http://stores.ebay.ca/Agepochfishing-Deals-World?_rdc=1

Seems to have a big selection from 4 strand up to 8 strand braid.

I tested it out on some big fish and behold, the line holds up well. It's super strong! The knots hold... can't complain. It seems to work!

What I am concerned about is the cost of my line guides. If it does wear through my guides, it would be cheaper in the long run to buy brand-name braid of course!

Honestly, I'm not sure how the texture of this cheap line (4 or 8 strand) compares to modern-day Suffix and Power Pro braids.

Next time I'm fishing with a buddy using braid, we will compare the textures.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2012, 02:55 PM
RE: Cheap Braid Line - Braided line from China, Ebay, DHGate
Texture I would think may be secondary to abrasion caused by the line picking up (absorbing) suspended mineral solids in the water being fished and grinding a groove in your guides.

Sorta like the old movie trick where people cut through a prison's steel bars with dental floss and pumice.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
09-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I have never myself used braided line. Does it have its advantages? Ive always thought to myself the fish would be able to see the line too easily.
Find all posts by this user
09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
(09-23-2012 08:56 PM)Ridx Wrote:  I have never myself used braided line. Does it have its advantages? Ive always thought to myself the fish would be able to see the line too easily.

From what I can tell, there are 2 main advantages to running braid:

1) Zero stretch. When fishing long distances, you will be able to feel bottom structure and bites. Using monofilament at distances of 100 feet feels like you're fishing with a rubber band. Tongue

2) Narrow diameter. This means you can cast farther on spinning tackle and you can fit more line on your spool for hard running fish.

There is also no memory in the line. It remains limp and does not coil on itself like mono.

09-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Im going to pick some up today and give it a try for some salmon tonight, The salmon have already done a number on my line this season. Ive had to respool 2 times in as many trips out ive had so many on.
09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
(09-24-2012 08:44 AM)Ridx Wrote:  Im going to pick some up today and give it a try for some salmon tonight, The salmon have already done a number on my line this season. Ive had to respool 2 times in as many trips out ive had so many on.

Well, you don't really need braid on the river. If anything I think it'll be better to run mono on the river. If a salmon wraps the line around a rock or tree, braid will not hold up to the abrasion as well as mono.

Do any of you float guys run braid?

Off the pier, braid is a really good idea. Extra casting distance and more line capacity is what you need off the pier.

09-24-2012, 11:18 AM
i ended up not buying any, was looking at some but cant convince myself to buy it. Ill just stick to the line i have been using for years it seems to work well enough.