You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Feed the Fish Ice Tournament - Feb 16 2013
02-16-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: Feed the Fish Ice Tournament - Feb 16 2013
It was a great day.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place were all Pikes I think at 1, 2, and 3 pounds. My family took 4th with the biggest Perch, and 5th was another nice Perch. In the last half hour I hooked into a nice Pike, brought it to the top got the head out of the water then the line snapped :'(. I was a nice one too. Great day overall though, tons of Pike were caught, and every Perch was big (seriously every Perch was a jumbo), about 10 minutes after the tourney ended a guy pulled up a Perch that was the size of a 1.5 lb LMB, even Jeremy thought it was a Bass at first.

Overall it was a great tourney,
Thanks to Jeremy for organizing it,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Thank you for your support and interest in our event,

Just imagine if we had 100 people out there, the prizes would fall down to 10th place.

there is always next year Wink .......

the Day very went well, and with

Bill Davis from (Anglersthree Multimedia) took 1st place for 300 dollars and a one year subscription to ontario out of doors magazine.
at 2:25 pm 5 minutes left of the tournament, Bill got his first fish of the day a 2 3/4 pound pike
[Image: IMG_0038_zps3607ae01.jpg]

My 10 year old niece took 2nd place for 200 dollars and a one year magazine subscription, with a 2.5 pound pike
[Image: IMG_0029_zpsb92c5c58.jpg]

a Fenchmans bay local took 3rd place for 125 dollars and a one year magazine subscription, with a 1.5 pound pike.

4th place went to a youth under 12 years old Giuga's brother I think?, for a simex rod and ht reel combo.
(donated by, Tightline Fishermans Warehouse in pickering)

5th place went to a youth under the age of 12 for a simex rod and ht reel combo
(donated by, Tightline Fishermans Warehouse in pickering)

A few cash donations were also given to our event for our support towards environmental /conservation groups and their efforts in the sum of 425 dollars.

Thank you all for your participation and support.

here's that perch Giuga was talking about, has to be about 16 inches long.
[Image: IMG_0042_zps0c517a6d.jpg]

~Jeremy.

Find all posts by this user
02-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Wow I'm glad it was a success. Lot's of happy campers I say. Lot's of people enjoying the ice today. Lot's of nice pics. Great job man. those pikes look awesome as well as the perch.
02-17-2013, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2013 10:51 AM by onwind.)
Nick,

I didn't see you yesterday, congratulations! did you see my son and me? I only caught him yesterday but it's fun. I told him I would bring him to ice fishing this weekend, he is so excited that he got up very early yesterday. the snow is so heavy in the afternoon that my son hided in a camp nearby and he burned my glove. the funniest thing is that he peepeed in their camp without telling me when nobody is there.
the most regretting thing is I forgot my camera in my car and I dare not leave my son alone on the ice, so I didn't take any photos.
on the way home, I asked him "isn't fishing cold, tired and hungry?" he replied "Yes but I like it!"

(02-16-2013 07:35 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  It was a great day.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place were all Pikes I think at 1, 2, and 3 pounds. My family took 4th with the biggest Perch, and 5th was another nice Perch. In the last half hour I hooked into a nice Pike, brought it to the top got the head out of the water then the line snapped :'(. I was a nice one too. Great day overall though, tons of Pike were caught, and every Perch was big (seriously every Perch was a jumbo), about 10 minutes after the tourney ended a guy pulled up a Perch that was the size of a 1.5 lb LMB, even Jeremy thought it was a Bass at first.

Overall it was a great tourney,
Thanks to Jeremy for organizing it,
Giuga10
02-17-2013, 11:24 AM
(02-17-2013 10:22 AM)onwind Wrote:  Nick,

I didn't see you yesterday, congratulations! did you see my son and me? I only caught him yesterday but it's fun. I told him I would bring him to ice fishing this weekend, he is so excited that he got up very early yesterday. the snow is so heavy in the afternoon that my son hided in a camp nearby and he burned my glove. the funniest thing is that he peepeed in their camp without telling me when nobody is there.
the most regretting thing is I forgot my camera in my car and I dare not leave my son alone on the ice, so I didn't take any photos.
on the way home, I asked him "isn't fishing cold, tired and hungry?" he replied "Yes but I like it!"

I didn't see you either, what area were you fishing at? Great to hear your son likes to fish too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user