You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fireline crystal
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Fireline crystal
Stopped off at LeBaron just before lunch to pick up some new line and respool a couple of reels. they were out of my usual Hybid line, so after much deliberation I decided to go with the Berkely fireline Crystal (8lb).

Should be interesting..... Dodgy

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2012, 01:10 PM
RE: Fireline crystal
(05-17-2012 01:07 PM)MikeH Wrote:  Stopped off at LeBaron just before lunch to pick up some new line and respool a couple of reels. they were out of my usual Hybid line, so after much deliberation I decided to go with the Berkely fireline Crystal (8lb).

Should be interesting..... Dodgy

It looks great on the box, 8lb line with a diameter of .18mm sounds great.

But it's crazy expensive! I'd like to know how it performs.

I'll probably keep fishing regular mono line until I'm rolling in cash... hahah.

[Image: logobgs.png]
05-17-2012, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 02:20 PM by MikeH.)
I know its not cheap, but luckliy I just got an email telling me I had the same last name as some guy in Nigeria who had kicked the bucket leaving 200 miliion dollars. His bank manager said he would split it with me if I just send in 10,000 to cover the legal costs.....Sweeeet!

WOW, this stuff is super bright! supposedly turns low vis when in the water.....

[attachment=113]

Might try to get over the islands tonight or tomorrow during the day to try this stuff out.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MikeH for this post:
MichaelAngelo (05-17-2012)
05-17-2012, 02:36 PM
(05-17-2012 01:55 PM)MikeH Wrote:  I just got an email telling me I had the same last name as some guy in Nigeria who had kicked the bucket leaving 200 miliion dollars. His bank manager said he would split it with me if I just send in 10,000 to cover the legal costs.....Sweeeet!

HOLY SH*T - We must be cousins - I got the same call................

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
05-17-2012, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 02:53 PM by manitoubass2.)
It's nice for trolling, not great for casting though IMO. At first you might notice some line memory too, but it works in after abit.

I still prefer Powerpro, Suffix 832 or Tuff line Duracast.

It is a great line though, I'm really just nitpicking.
Find all posts by this user
05-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I will be pissed if it doesnt cast well, both the box and the guy behind the counter at LeBarons said take the Fireline fused for long casting on spinning setups.....

05-17-2012, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 03:01 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(05-17-2012 02:57 PM)MikeH Wrote:  I will be pissed if it doesnt cast well, both the box and the guy behind the counter at LeBarons said take the Fireline fused for long casting on spinning setups.....

It has a very narrow diameter for a single filament line, I can't see how it wouldn't cast well.

[Image: logobgs.png]
05-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Is it Fireline Original Fused? Fireline Crystal? There all different, my comments are towards Fireline Crystal.

MA, not all small diameter lines cast well. Some of them have alot of memory and it goes through the guides poorly because of it, and also some lines have alot more friction then others.

Hopefully it casts good for you though. I don't think I've ever used the fused version?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to manitoubass2 for this post:
MichaelAngelo (05-17-2012)
05-17-2012, 05:07 PM
The box says "Fireline fused crystal" - translucent superline. I'll be trying it out on my Berkley shock which is specifically designed for this stuff, and also trying it out for distance with the interline rod.....

Wish me luck, I'm goin' in!

05-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Good luck dood, let us know how it goes!

I know alot of great anglers that use that line, must be good for something!!!! lol