You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fireline crystal
05-21-2012, 02:01 AM
RE: Fireline crystal
Mike any verdict on the line?

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2012, 06:23 AM
I used the 4 lb on my ultralight and had no complaints, but after 2 years the suckers kept breaking it
Find all posts by this user
05-21-2012, 07:05 AM
(05-21-2012 02:01 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Mike any verdict on the line?

Worked really nice on the 6'6" spinning outfit. Good feel to it, Makes the reel a bit noisy on retrieve compared to the hybrid line I was using before though.

I'm trying it out on the interline today, going to see how far I can cast.

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
05-26-2012, 09:39 PM
(05-21-2012 07:05 AM)MikeH Wrote:  
(05-21-2012 02:01 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Mike any verdict on the line?

Worked really nice on the 6'6" spinning outfit. Good feel to it, Makes the reel a bit noisy on retrieve compared to the hybrid line I was using before though.

I'm trying it out on the interline today, going to see how far I can cast.

How'd the interline cast? Tried the balloon method yet? ;-)

[Image: logobgs.png]
05-27-2012, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2012 09:40 AM by MikeH.)
Overall no complaints with the crystal fireline other than the noise. It is way tougher than the hybrid line I was previously using, I was able to just tear off and haul in the weeds in Grenadier pond, with the perch still right in the middle of the clump!

I did put about 3 oz of casting weight onto the interline (including my PVA boilie bag), and I could punch it out into the centre of long pond with a pre-flexed pendulum cast, but it does sound like someone just waved a giant sword right over your head when the interline rod lets go!

I am seriously thinking of putting in a night session on the centre island pier later in the summer, (maybe September) I have a huge 7000 size catfish spinning reel, and I'm thinking of loading it up with this fireline stuff. I have to sort out my drop net first though. A decent drop net is going to be a must have for fishing the pier or Algonquin's front wall into the harbour. If the wind direction is right, then long line balloon fishing off the pier head will be awesome.

http://www.fishingtoronto.com