You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fly rod and reel for sale plus bonus fly fishing lesson ($140) - SOLD!
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 10:54 AM by MuskieBait.)
Fly rod and reel for sale plus bonus fly fishing lesson ($140) - SOLD!
SOLD!

I have a fly rod and reel for sale for $140. This is a special price for OSF members only and I'll keep it here for a week before posting on Kijiji or Craigslist at a higher price. Get it while you can! This rod and reel are one year old and were used only a few times last summer.

Price is not negotiable since I'm selling this for a buddy who moved to Philadelphia. I'm just holding it for him and selling it for him. Everything is already at 50% off.

Here's what you get. (Original price listed in brackets)

Albright Topwater 3/4-wt, 7'6", 2-piece fly rod ($75) - with rod sock and a protective rod tube.
Albright Bugatti large arbor 3/4-wt fly reel ($75) - correction...it is a Bugatti fly reel...not the Topwater fly reel as previously stated.
Albright Bugatti large arbor spare spoon ($40)
Orvis 4-wt Weight Forward Floating fly line ($45) (Not sure which Orvis line my buddy bought...but it is one of their specialized trout line)
100 yards of micron backing ($20)

[Image: IMG_8984_zps1b948ade.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8986_zpsd8c22ffb.jpg]

** If you are new to fly fishing, this is a special offer I'll make. I can personally take you out one Saturday after trout opener to teach you to fly cast and teach you to fly fish. Only thing I ask is for you to share fuel cost with me. That alone is worth the $140 since fly casting lessons are usually $100-150 for a 1-2 hour session...and fly fishing guides are $200 for a few hours. I can cover simple overhead fly cast, side arm cast, roll cast, mending line and such. Michael can vouch for my casting lessons and our fly fishing sessions Big Grin I don't want to just sell a rod to a newbie, but I want the person to learn the sport of fly fishing and enjoy it too. I've taught a dozen people to fly fish over the years and all of them enjoyed it. Most of them continued to fly fish with the own rods and reels.

This fly rod is great for working small streams. The short lengths allows you to fish tight quarters where there are often branches and bushes around. It has nice slow action to flick flies tight into cover and to cushion light leaders on a big trout. It is ideal for creeks and rivers like the upper stretches of Duffins Creek, Oshawa Creek, Credit River and Grand River.

The large arbor design of the reel allow you to store more line with a wider but shallower spool. This is important to 1) reduce the coil of your fly line, 2) improve the consistency of the drag performance and 3) to allow for faster line retrieve rate. On a bigger river and bigger fish, this would be more important, such as rivers like the Grand where brown trout can get over 24" in length.

The spare spool allows you to get a second fly line for specific situations. You can get a heavier (5-wt) fly line to cast flies in windy conditions, or you can get a lighter (3-wt) fly line for a more delicate presentation. You can get an intermediate fly line to fish deeper pools. It allows you flexibility to swap out different spools with different lines to adjust to the conditions. Most beginner fly rod and reel combos do not come with a spare spool! Consider the spare spool offered here as a bonus.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2013, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 02:33 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Fly rod and reel for sale plus bonus fly fishing lesson ($140)
Basically considered it sold. I have two friends lined up to take it.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply