You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Forum Attacks
01-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Forum Attacks
Hey all
There are alot of fishing forums, I'm a member with 11 of them. Several of them have appeared to have been attacked by malware or trojan horses. I run Avast and AVG, both have detected and removed the offending virus. Be sure to keep your AV up to date as the attacks seem to hit forums week to week.

Keep your PC safe and have a Happy New Year.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: Forum Attacks
(01-01-2013 03:41 PM)grubman Wrote:  Hey all
There are alot of fishing forums, I'm a member with 11 of them. Several of them have appeared to have been attacked by malware or trojan horses. I run Avast and AVG, both have detected and removed the offending virus. Be sure to keep your AV up to date as the attacks seem to hit forums week to week.

Keep your PC safe and have a Happy New Year.

Good tip. I remember a while ago a guy posted a link in the shout box that contained a Trojan virus, good thing OT's AV blocked it and he let us know.

Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: Forum Attacks
Yeah really sucks that one person without a AV unknowingly posts/transmitts a virus or TH and shuts down a site. I don't think alot of people with tablets use AV, but everyone with a PC or LT should. One of the site's admin said it came from an advertiser. So no telling where it can come from. Still have to play it safe as I've seen about 4 forums now get hit in some way.
Find all posts by this user