You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Frenchmans Bay Sat Jan 26
01-26-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: Frenchmans Bay Sat Jan 26
I Was out Plowing the snow last night, until 2:00 am.

So I Managed to sleep in past the alarm, Lucky enough my phone is really loud and I got woken up by onwind wondering where i was, not 2 minutes later, I get a phone call from Michael asking where i was at, also to tell me he was unable to join us for the day.

I eventually made it to the bay for 10:00 am .....

Onwind had found himself a hole and started fishing.

I called him to let him know i was there, and that i was Planning to fish in another spot than where he was at, He had just got into a perch and did not want to leave his hole.

I fished in my area for about an hour, with no signs of life..

Moved my gear over to where Onwind was setup, And I proceeded to walk and meet the other anglers on the ice, to try and promote the fishing tournament on the 16th.
I'll Let Onwind Report about his day But, I managed by the end of the day, My first Ever Bowfin.

And Guess what, It came out of hole that was 5 ft away from the Spot Onwind, did not want to leave.

Second outing and this guy is already an Ice Pro.... Wink ....

Good times were had, the fishing was tough.

My friend Ryan managed 4 pike and a few perch, He would be the one to out fish everyone...

and One gentleman had pulled this Walleye through the ice.

[Image: frenchmansbaywalleyejan262013_zps7e32ef13.jpg]

That fish would be atleast 3 years old, in order for that walleye to grow to 15 pounds or greater it has atleast another 15 years of growing to do.

A Walleye at this size should be released, as it wont reproduce until at best it's 7th year of life. unfortunately the fisherman took home his catch.
This is why in allot of areas there is a SLOT size on Walleye.

~Jeremy

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 08:59 PM by onwind.)
It's sunny today and there is no wind at all. I got up early and went to tight line fisherman's warehouse to buy some minnows. then I arrived at Frenchman's Bay on time,say 9 o'clock. I called Jeremy but he said he was still sleeping. then I called Michael who said he would not come. but I didn't have an auger. Oh, my God.
I wondered around the bay and talked with everybody then found out nobody had caught anyhing. then I tried to look for some ice holes which was left yesterday. Unfortunately all the holes I found was blocked by ice again. Suddenly I fell down in a hole with one leg. aha! a hole I could fish was found.
I rigged down and caught a Yellow perch in 5 minutes. I should be the first one who caught fish this morning. then there is no bite any more. in the afternoon, My fishing rod suddenly bent heavily. I picked up the rod and the fish fought very hard. after a 3 minute battle, the fish was landed successfully and it was a pike.
01-26-2013, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 10:22 PM by Jeremy Ray Green.)
The Wet Foot Was worth it for you Onwind...

Good day out...

Another couple days like that under your belt and you can call yourself a frenchmans Bay professional, I Have spoken to 12 guys that have been out for the the past week that have not done as well as you did on your only second time on the bay.

You falling in that hole Must have been fate, And if i remember correctly without my GPS and trying to remember points on the shore i can say your foot landed in a hole in the same area where you met me on frenchmans for your first Ice trip.
You fished beside us in a few holes Then you asked for my auger and moved away from everyone and managed 2 perch and made everyone else on the ice throw their arms in the air, when they heard you yell.. "HEY JEREMY , I CAUGHT SOMETHING... I THINK IT's A PERCH...."
Best moement of my life hearing you yell out saying you got a fish.
As at least 20 people got skunk'd on the ice that day, and others spent 13-15 hours on the ice with just 2 perch....

Can't wait for our next outing....

Did I Not mention ONWIND out fished me today?? He was there before I got on the ice, and he stayed after I left the ice....

~Jeremy.

01-29-2013, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 08:16 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Thanks for the update guys! I owe you guys an apology for bailing. I had rushed to LeBaron to buy a float jacket on sale... turns out the lady on the phone quoted me the wrong price. I tried on all the suits they had there and none fit (all they had left was Large and XL and XXXXXXL). Then I drove all the way to SAIL to buy a Mustang suit they had on sale... and couldn't decide between the Large and Medium.

Then on Sunday I found out it had rips in the knees... FML a $400 suit with rips in it... great...

Good thing they returned it OK today.

Would have loved to be there for your first Bowfin Jeremey! And I would have been jealous! Tongue The guy kept that tiny walleye? Sounds like a waste to me...

EDIT: I thought Mustang suits were supposed to be high quality... everyone told me they were awesome. I even phoned the company today and they had never heard a report of one ripping so quickly. I had used it for 3 hours max when I noticed the rips... I wonder what happened????

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
(01-29-2013 08:13 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  EDIT: I thought Mustang suits were supposed to be high quality... everyone told me they were awesome. I even phoned the company today and they had never heard a report of one ripping so quickly. I had used it for 3 hours max when I noticed the rips... I wonder what happened???

I have never heard of a Mustang suit ripping either. Gosh, mine has got to be 10 years old and it's still going.

Did you get a replacement or a different suit?

Hoping to get out this weekend if there is safe ice somewhere...better have the suit. Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
01-30-2013, 11:25 AM
(01-30-2013 10:44 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 08:13 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  EDIT: I thought Mustang suits were supposed to be high quality... everyone told me they were awesome. I even phoned the company today and they had never heard a report of one ripping so quickly. I had used it for 3 hours max when I noticed the rips... I wonder what happened???

I have never heard of a Mustang suit ripping either. Gosh, mine has got to be 10 years old and it's still going.

Did you get a replacement or a different suit?

Hoping to get out this weekend if there is safe ice somewhere...better have the suit. Wink

I'm back in the market for a suit, but I'll be making a purchase soon. Just weighing my options with what's available right now.

[Image: logobgs.png]
02-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Honestly Mustang is tops on the market for quality.

It's a shame you had a bad experience... .

Just be sure that what ever you choose in the end if it's different than a mustang, that it is a registered personal floatation device, there are allot of knock offs

~Jeremy