You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

02-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Gameplan
Hey,

In aid of conservation I’ve put together a list of 10 things which will greatly minimize your chances of landing a fish thus avoiding undue stress being placed on our sensitive fish populations.

10) Leave your net and grippers at home.

9) Set your drag at maximum and leave it there.

8) Use only dull used hooks.

7) Use only one large no-name lure, endlessly.

6) Use only your oldest, most worn, never cleaned nor lubricated reel. Ditto on the rod.

5) Fish the same spot, same time, same depth, same way - every time out.

4) Never concentrate or analyze anything………… ever.

3) Refuse to use any sort of bait.

2) Never change your fishing line………..ever.

And most importantly:

1) Only use granny knots.

....did I miss any.....................?

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Gameplan
(02-16-2015 04:24 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  5) Fish the same spot, same time, same depth, same way - every time out.

Uh oh!! This is what I do on Simcoe Dodgy

Tongue

[Image: logobgs.png]
02-17-2015, 06:32 PM
(02-16-2015 04:24 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  7) Use only one large no-name lure, endlessly.

Maybe I'm going off-topic here but I've actually been wondering about this, are no-name lures a mistake? We tend to use brand names when we talk about lure selection, like "Williams Wablers are good for lakers" or "I use jigging raps for perch through the ice", but I never know whether this is just a convenient way of describing a style of lure that applies equally well to the no-name imitations, or if there are actually differences between the specific brands and their competitors that are subtle to the human eye but make deal-breakers for fish.
Find all posts by this user
02-17-2015, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 07:12 PM by Eli.)
(02-17-2015 06:32 PM)tweedwolfscream Wrote:  
(02-16-2015 04:24 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  7) Use only one large no-name lure, endlessly.

Maybe I'm going off-topic here but I've actually been wondering about this, are no-name lures a mistake? We tend to use brand names when we talk about lure selection, like "Williams Wablers are good for lakers" or "I use jigging raps for perch through the ice", but I never know whether this is just a convenient way of describing a style of lure that applies equally well to the no-name imitations, or if there are actually differences between the specific brands and their competitors that are subtle to the human eye but make deal-breakers for fish.

The more well-known brands tend to have a lot more quality built into their products than the random brands you see on the bottom shelves at wal-mart, CT, etc. The stuff at Dollarama is pure crap.
I say this without any degree of snobbishness or anything like that. Think good hooks, good finish, "running true" when retrieved, etc. No sense in saving a few bucks on a lure only to have to change the hooks right out of the package or having the lip start to unglue after 1 day on the water.
If you want an extra edge, try to get lures that are made in North America, Europe, or Japan. Salmo brand lures were great when they were assembled in Poland. Then the company got big and have outsourced their manufacturing to god knows where and the result is lures that balance and come with junk hooks.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Eli for this post:
tweedwolfscream (02-18-2015)
02-17-2015, 08:14 PM
11) Sit at home and post on Ontario Shore Fishing Tongue

12) Promise to bring fish home

13) Only go fishing during the most perfect weather

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
02-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Never fish at night.

Only fish were there are lots of people