You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Growing Ontario Shore Fishing
09-26-2012, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 06:59 PM by Giuga10.)
RE: Growing Ontario Shore Fishing
(09-26-2012 06:42 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Is there a secret handshake too?............. smile

I sorta, kinda, hope that this forum's goal is to help & educate others, while sincerely promoting the sport, and preserving our freedoms.

No?

Regards,

OldTimer

Haha.

I totally agree with you help, education, promotion, freedom, and fun! All great goals for the forum!!

Giuga10
I think a good start would be hosting a tounament at a locally known pond (well local for some people Tongue) such as Toogood or Milne Damn. And it could be a Bullhead/Carp/Sucker/Whatever derby (pretty much 1 target fish) and the most catches and the biggest catch would win. And if you want to go all in we could add age levels like 1-9 10-19 20+ but I think we would have to build a reputation and crowd to make it that complicated Smile.

Just an idea,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
OSF at the Sportsman’s show 2013

Here’s an idea I had regarding promoting the OSF site to get more members and thus a larger “voice” and presence in the eyes of the community and jurisdictions.

Hype the site through simple handouts at the Sportsman’s Show next February at the CNE grounds.

Put together a simple letter size flyer describing the site and its purpose on one side, with a conservation message about a few high profile knee jerk things (such as line recycling, shoreline garbage pickups, or reporting poaching, or ….etc) on the other.

I’m sure more than a few exhibitors might allow a place at their booth for the sheets to sit for pickup by their visitors.

Plus my lady and I will no doubt be going to see the show , and we’d be more than willing to hand them out for an hour or two outside the show. Perhaps a few other current members might do so too,………… on another day….. or time frame.

At the end of the show I’m sure membership will increase by a few people…………. or so.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
(10-26-2012 03:05 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  OSF at the Sportsman’s show 2013

Here’s an idea I had regarding promoting the OSF site to get more members and thus a larger “voice” and presence in the eyes of the community and jurisdictions.

Hype the site through simple handouts at the Sportsman’s Show next February at the CNE grounds.

Put together a simple letter size flyer describing the site and its purpose on one side, with a conservation message about a few high profile knee jerk things (such as line recycling, shoreline garbage pickups, or reporting poaching, or ….etc) on the other.

I’m sure more than a few exhibitors might allow a place at their booth for the sheets to sit for pickup by their visitors.

Plus my lady and I will no doubt be going to see the show , and we’d be more than willing to hand them out for an hour or two outside the show. Perhaps a few other current members might do so too,………… on another day….. or time frame.

At the end of the show I’m sure membership will increase by a few people…………. or so.

Cheers,

OldTimer

Awesome idea! I think I might be attending the Show! And it'd be pretty cool to get people in the know about the forum.

Giuga10
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Giuga10 for this post:
OldTimer (10-26-2012)
10-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Michael would you like me to put a link to OSF on TUFA 's links section?
next time we get cards printed we could also include your link on the back of our card with the others.
i will be getting more printed before the Sportsman Show...to give out there....also the members of the forums and groups your involved in could pass along OSF cards to interested people when we are fishing or attending events.
let me know about the linkage and i could do so b4 oct 31
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2012, 07:51 AM
(10-26-2012 08:26 PM)tangledline Wrote:  Michael would you like me to put a link to OSF on TUFA 's links section?
next time we get cards printed we could also include your link on the back of our card with the others.
i will be getting more printed before the Sportsman Show...to give out there....also the members of the forums and groups your involved in could pass along OSF cards to interested people when we are fishing or attending events.
let me know about the linkage and i could do so b4 oct 31

Dave, I'm pretty sure that the OSF link is already on the TUFA front page links section, as well as the Fishontotonto front page. Adding it to the next set of card reprints is a good idea, I get through a bunch of cards.

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
(10-26-2012 03:05 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  OSF at the Sportsman’s show 2013

Cheers,

OldTimer

Bump

See you on the river.
10-27-2012, 06:11 PM
example:

OT

See you on the river.
10-29-2012, 04:52 PM
(10-27-2012 06:11 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  example:

OT

...... Just awesome.....

Giuga10
10-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey Guys,

Just a thought.

If you goto the sportsmanshow and just start hadning out flyers Weather its just outside in the parkinglot or walking around handing out flyers at random.
This is something that might upset the promoters, as their are booths there that have paid allot of money to be part of the show.

the Metro East Anglers Has a Booth at the show.

If you guys are interested the club meets every wednesday night at the hatchery facility in stouffville,
If you come out to these days, youll notice we spend allot of time talking about fishing and better ways to catch our beloved species.
I'm sure when enough support is shown from OSF, and your group is a helpful member of the hatchery facility, you maybe allowed to use the MEA name to start building your group too...

We should sometime soon, get an OSF workshop day setup with ontario streams, where the OSF group would choose a particular portion of a river and Ontario Streams would show the group how to rehabilitate and create proper structure for migratory and resident fish within that section of waterway.

A Few workshop days with ontario Streams and they will leave the group to do its own work.

This would all be with the support of another group that has already established connections in the fishery program, these connections would help your group stand above the rest of the other boards out there.

just a thought.

Feel free to share your suggestions on this.

~Jeremy.

Find all posts by this user
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
(10-30-2012 11:43 AM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  the Metro East Anglers Has a Booth at the show.

~Jeremy.

Great - can we put some OSF sheets at your booth for pickup by visitors?

See you on the river.