You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hanapa'a!!!
10-06-2012, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 09:58 PM by MuskieBait.)
Hanapa'a!!!
Hanapa'a = Hook Up in Hawaiian.

I found some videos of a couple of online fishing friends of mine. I remember Michael and I were chatting and I told him I know people who paddle out in kayaks to catch yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, trevally and amberjacks. They even landed an almost 200lb marlin on their tandem kayak!

Well...here's proof.

"I hope it's not a shark"

Yellowfin Tuna (anything under 100lb is called "shibi" locally)

194lb marlin

Makahiki Tournament Day 5 (Common Dolphinfish "mahimahi", Greater Amberjack "kahala", Giant Trevally "ulua")

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: Hanapa'a!!!
Thats crazy, out in the ocean in a kayak. Looked like the marlin was towing them at a decent speed!!!. What an experience that would be
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
(10-06-2012 07:26 PM)Ridx Wrote:  Thats crazy, out in the ocean in a kayak. Looked like the marlin was towing them at a decent speed!!!. What an experience that would be

Hawaiian sleigh ride Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MuskieBait for this post:
MichaelAngelo (10-08-2012)
10-08-2012, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 07:59 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Ever since I saw my first kayak fishing videos (the one below was one of them)... it's been on the bucket list!

Hawaii looks... ummm amazing? Big GrinBig Grin

[Image: logobgs.png]
10-14-2012, 11:05 PM
I've always been terrified of hooking into a Marlin and having it jump at me and spear me (I watched some attacks on Youtube and have been terrified into hooking into one Tongue). Also I would be afraid of getting a big fish and have it tow me half way across the sea. But Kayak fishing for some smaller fish, like max 50 LBS would be perfect Big Grin.

Giuga10