You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Heading To Jacksons Point
09-16-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Heading To Jacksons Point
(09-08-2015 02:31 PM)Aquaneko Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 01:25 PM)dawife Wrote:  wow, thanks for all the info, so narrowed it down to Jackson's point, hollands marsh, or rouge valley, I hear rouge valley is really beautiful so been googling that one too

Were you expecting more bass there?
have you ever tried Milne Dam Conservation Park ?

I don't want to go too far off here. If you're new to fishing and the kids are new to fishing as well I have always recommended if they are close in Markham the Waldon Pond as you will get sunfish all day long and more larger fish by the bridge. Have the kids fish under the bridge. If you're not getting 10 bites and hook ups an hour for sunfish there then I would be checking for dead fish bodies and wondering if someone bleached the waters there. Rouge Beach is quite the drive away which is why I recommend for newbies the Waldon because you can fish 2 bodies of water here side by side. The river behind the pond I have caught rock bass and someoneI was with got lucky and caught a rainbow trout which blew my mind it made it that further up the river.

Been to Milne twice before. Once inside the park the other on a residential street right by the dam. FYI, Milne charges IDK 10.00 maybe 15.00...again..IDK parking only on the weekends. Other times no charge. BYO-BBQ (charcoal only) and washrooms on site. I think I only got nibbles there before but others have hooked up some large fish there because it links to the Rouge River rainbow trout is possible.

(09-08-2015 02:10 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  wow... red bull?

Haha, No. I like to be as detailed as I can when I can.

not sure if this is a stupid question, but I can catch & keep @ too good right?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply