You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

05-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Hello!
Hello there! I just registered and I'm very much a novice when it comes to fishing. I started a few years ago but have only fished likely less than 15 times. I currently own a simple spinning reel type and I've been slowly working on building up my tackle box.

I fish around Buckhorn and I'm still trying to learn more about fishing and the types of lures for different types of fishes.

Hoping to learn more about fishes and other places to go fishing. Can't wait to go fishing again very soon!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: Hello!
Welcome, arcane!

Wow I wish i lived close to so many bodies of water! Personally, I really enjoyed fishing with spinners and weedless spoons for bass at the kawarthas. It was a ton of fun! Tell us how the fishing is like there.
05-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Nice area - Welcome to OSF Arcane929.

Shorefishing only so far?............. or do you use a boat too?

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Welcome!
05-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

@Mykowave... I actually live in Toronto and it takes me about 2 hours to get to Buckhorn (sometimes 2-1/2 hrs since i like taking my time driving there). I haven't been up there yet this year. I'm planning to go this weekend and I'll post what I find. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say where I fish but I'll just report when and what I caught. I typically go by myself but I'm trying to coax another friend to go fishing with me. I just want to check out the area first since it's his first time.

@oldtimer... No, I don't have a boat. I wish I have one. That would be so awesome and I would be spending most weekends from May - August fishing. Smile I just fish by the shore if I go by myself and I don't really go that often since it's quite a hike.
05-07-2014, 09:19 PM
(05-06-2014 10:16 PM)arcane929 Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome guys.

@Mykowave... I actually live in Toronto and it takes me about 2 hours to get to Buckhorn (sometimes 2-1/2 hrs since i like taking my time driving there). I haven't been up there yet this year. I'm planning to go this weekend and I'll post what I find. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say where I fish but I'll just report when and what I caught. I typically go by myself but I'm trying to coax another friend to go fishing with me. I just want to check out the area first since it's his first time.

@oldtimer... No, I don't have a boat. I wish I have one. That would be so awesome and I would be spending most weekends from May - August fishing. Smile I just fish by the shore if I go by myself and I don't really go that often since it's quite a hike.

So you've never fished here in Toronto?

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
05-08-2014, 01:10 AM
@MikeH - Nope, never tried. An old co-worker of mine pointed me to the only fishing spot I know in Buckhorn Lake. That's the only place I've been fishing if I go by myself. I've gone up north at a friend's cottage but never tried fishing within Toronto. I've read that there are places in Brampton and some closer by the Ontario lake but I've never really tried it. I guess part of the reason is because I just try to find reasons to travel outside of Toronto.
05-08-2014, 10:05 AM
welcome aboard arcane... your gonna love this site... very welcoming and friendly members... another thing to note is this forum is actually very active! i've gotten replies back within an hr!

anyhow if your looking to learn more about fishing... this is definitely the place to start!