You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello all :)
08-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Hello all :)
Hi all.. i just wanted to drop a line (pun intended!) and introduce myself. I've been in the GTA (Brampton area) for about 8 years now and i'm just starting to fish again. I'm originally from Ottawa and used to fish there every year and quite often as well but i haven't made use of the GTA fishing scene.

I have my gear sitting infront of me right now and was about to head out tomorrow to frenchman's bay. We'll see how it goes! Figured i've read enough threads on here today that i should register .. you guys seem pretty cool!

No real big fish ever hooked, but tomorrow's a good day for it!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Hello all :)
Welcome.

Was at Frenchmans Bay a few days ago. Sunfish and Cats.... EVERYWHERE!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2013, 09:12 PM
hey Giuga... thank you!

I was going with Pike in mind.. heard good things about Frenchman's and pike. Hmm.. anything caught will be fun regardless though.
08-14-2013, 10:30 PM
I caught a largemouth bass there this year. For pike try the marina at Scarborough Bluffs. We caught some there the other day
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mcfly for this post:
shawarma (08-14-2013)
08-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Thx mcfly! I'll give it a try on the weekend and see how it goes. I'm off to port credit tomorrow morning to see what I can find there.
08-15-2013, 12:22 AM
mmmm... shawarma..... Smile

Good luck in TO! For the past year I have been learning the Ottawa spots.

Welcome aboard.
08-15-2013, 12:23 AM
If you want Pike in Frenchmans, try ice fishing, Pike go on a feeding frenzy in the bay and it's amazing action! Find a weed bed, and drop a live or dead minnow and wait for you rod to start bending but you gotta be quick, they're strong and you can loose a rod pretty easily Big Grin.
08-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Welcome to OSF.

Regards,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
08-21-2013, 07:42 PM
(08-15-2013 12:23 AM)Giuga10 Wrote:  If you want Pike in Frenchmans, try ice fishing, Pike go on a feeding frenzy in the bay and it's amazing action! Find a weed bed, and drop a live or dead minnow and wait for you rod to start bending but you gotta be quick, they're strong and you can loose a rod pretty easily Big Grin.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's bumping there in the heat of summer from shore. But ice out in the spring (when the ice melts and water warms) is great pike fishing... by "great" I mean you could catch big ones. I kept getting skunked and watched the random guy or two get a nice one. lol

[Image: logobgs.png]
08-26-2013, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 11:18 AM by shawarma.)
Thanks all for the replies and welcomes!

I did a bit more looking up on Frenchman's that week and there were reports of construction nearby so i avoided going there all together.

I did however go to the Mississauga and it was alot of fun!

I hooked my first salmon (20lbs-ish) just this Saturday. That was exciting! But now i have one for a "you shoulda seen the fish i hooked" story because the gentleman next to me trying to help net it didn't do a good job and while i looked it straight in the eye, it dropped from his net and it got away Sad It was so much fun pulling that fish in though. It was around 6:30am.

met some awesome people down there this past week. Hopefully i'll catch up with people from this board down there sometime.
(08-15-2013 12:22 AM)zippyFX Wrote:  mmmm... shawarma..... Smile

Good luck in TO! For the past year I have been learning the Ottawa spots.

Welcome aboard.

Good luck out in Ottawa! There's some great fishing within Ottawa and about an hour's drive from it.