You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking for new spot near London, On
05-18-2016, 11:15 PM
Looking for new spot near London, On
Hello,
I am new to the forum, and to fishing. I am looking for information on a place to take a child fishing from London, Sarnia or up to Bayfield area. I'm willing to drive about 1 hour in any direction. I would like to find a good spot to fish from shore or a dock that is not the Thames river, Lake Huron or a conservation area.

Are there any small lakes or ponds for bass, Perch or pike? I need something that is somewhat deep as I am fishing with my 9 year old son. We need a place that you can use a bobber or small lure. I would appreciate any information.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2016, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2016 04:55 PM by gibby_420.)
RE: Looking for new spot near London, On
Wan't some big Channel's (big enough to eat the Greenway Park Thames Channel in my avatar) and some nice Pike with good chance of Gators?
Inbox me and I'll set you up...
All within 45 minutes of NE London.
05-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Hi,
There are pike near London area? Any info would be appreciated.
05-30-2016, 07:55 PM
The Thames and Fanshawe Reservoir has Northern Pike in it. Wildwood Reservoir not too far away from London also has Northern Pike. However, since you asked to suggest locations not in the Thames or conservation areas, I'm not aware of other locations with Northern Pike.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2017, 06:42 PM
(05-18-2016 11:15 PM)Fishergirl7 Wrote:  Hello,
I am new to the forum, and to fishing. I am looking for information on a place to take a child fishing from London, Sarnia or up to Bayfield area. I'm willing to drive about 1 hour in any direction. I would like to find a good spot to fish from shore or a dock that is not the Thames river, Lake Huron or a conservation area.

Are there any small lakes or ponds for bass, Perch or pike? I need something that is somewhat deep as I am fishing with my 9 year old son. We need a place that you can use a bobber or small lure. I would appreciate any information.

Hello Fishergirl,

There are numerous species in the thames river. Yes, pike are caught all the time anywhere in the river. Smallmouth bass might be your best bet though as they are caught more frequently.

Check out the pics of some river smallmouth and my 7lb bass.

If you are ever in London area again, check out the site in my signature.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

For great spots to fish in London, Ontario, check out my forum below:
http://londonfishing.ca Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user