You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hey where can I find pike
08-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Hey where can I find pike
I want to catch some pike and I live in Toronto, can anyone suggest a place? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Hey where can I find pike
The lake
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2015, 01:29 AM
(08-19-2015 09:55 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  The lake

Thanks! :P very helpful
08-20-2015, 11:24 AM
http://www.oodmag.com/fishing/pike-fishi...ound-pike/
08-20-2015, 01:29 PM
(08-20-2015 01:29 AM)Sam the boy Wrote:  

Thanks! Tongue very helpful

As unspecific as that answer may be, it truly is the answer. Head to the shores of Lake Ontario and there will be some pike around. Whether you catch them or not is dependent on seasonal habitat use, fish movement pattern, and your presentation that addresses the fish's mood at that moment. All of this is thus knowledge of the area and the fish.

Most of the Toronto shorelines can be productive at one time or another, from the most eastern end starting at Frenchman's Bay and Scarborough Bluffs to downtown areas such as Ashbridge's Bay, Tommy Thompson Park, Toronto Islands and Habourfront to western end areas like Humber Bay Park East and West.

I think that's enough names dropped and enough areas to try.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
08-20-2015, 01:42 PM
(08-20-2015 01:29 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(08-20-2015 01:29 AM)Sam the boy Wrote:  

Thanks! Tongue very helpful

As unspecific as that answer may be, it truly is the answer. Head to the shores of Lake Ontario and there will be some pike around. Whether you catch them or not is dependent on seasonal habitat use, fish movement pattern, and your presentation that addresses the fish's mood at that moment. All of this is thus knowledge of the area and the fish.

Most of the Toronto shorelines can be productive at one time or another, from the most eastern end starting at Frenchman's Bay and Scarborough Bluffs to downtown areas such as Ashbridge's Bay, Tommy Thompson Park, Toronto Islands and Habourfront to western end areas like Humber Bay Park East and West.

I think that's enough names dropped and enough areas to try.

... I just went to french river and caught tons of them...
But thanks
11-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Never any luck at Humber Bay Park East and West for me.

If you don't mind going further west, I always catch a few pike each year at Col. Samuel Smith Park in Etobicoke off the rocks by the marina.

This year I caught pike at Lakefront Promenade in Mississauga off the rocks near the boat launches.

I always use a silver hex (clear water) or fire tiger (murky water) coloured Gibbs Croc spoon.
11-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Have you tried right in the harbour downtown or on the islands?
11-22-2015, 02:56 PM
(11-18-2015 12:14 AM)turbo_22 Wrote:  Have you tried right in the harbour downtown or on the islands?

Yes, I've fished both. Fishing is better in the spring and in the fall. You will need to walk and cast a lot of shorelines for consistent success. Some days, I will walk from the ferry terminal to Ontario Place while fishing all the available areas. It take hours to cover that amount of water thoroughly.

Be aware that if there are boats at the marina, you cannot fish at the marina. Security guards will ask you to leave.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html