You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Milne Dam Markham this week
09-27-2012, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 08:22 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: Milne Dam Markham this week
(09-27-2012 05:22 PM)onwind Wrote:  I think fishing Carp and Catfish is like a cast-and-wait style. not very interesting for me now.

It is indeed cast-and-wait style. I usually bring a book.

To each his own. I assure you it gets quite interesting when you're pulling in a double-digit fish from open water.

I wonder how the fall bite is for carp?

I don't think brown bullheads get very big, but I wonder if there are any big predator fish in that reservoir. I'd like to chuck out a minnow on hook for an evening... but I'm doubting that there's big catfish in there.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 08:38 PM
I only have a very light tackle which holds 4 lb test line. I am afraid it is not competent for carp fishing.

(09-27-2012 08:20 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  It is indeed cast-and-wait style. I usually bring a book.

To each his own. I assure you it gets quite interesting when you're pulling in a double-digit fish from open water.

I wonder how the fall bite is for carp?

I don't think brown bullheads get very big, but I wonder if there are any big predator fish in that reservoir. I'd like to chuck out a minnow on hook for an evening... but I'm doubting that there's big catfish in there.
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
you can find almost any species of fish in milne pond, including crappie at the odd time,

The pond will be getting more active over the next few ears as the fish ladder has been left open all year to allow for any species of fish to come and go as they please...

I have caught small pike in there in the past and bass in the summer in the 4-5 pound range..

Its a great spring trout fishery too...

~Jeremy.

10-08-2012, 03:46 PM
(10-08-2012 12:42 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  you can find almost any species of fish in milne pond, including crappie at the odd time,

The pond will be getting more active over the next few ears as the fish ladder has been left open all year to allow for any species of fish to come and go as they please...

I have caught small pike in there in the past and bass in the summer in the 4-5 pound range..

~Jeremy.

Thanks Jeremy that's great news about the fish ladder. I once spoke to a local who told me that he had caught walleye there years ago. Those days seem long gone, but now there is a glimmer of hope Smile.

10-09-2012, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 07:04 PM by bettercallsaul.)
(10-08-2012 03:46 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 12:42 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  you can find almost any species of fish in milne pond, including crappie at the odd time,

~Jeremy.

Thanks Jeremy that's great news about the fish ladder. I once spoke to a local who told me that he had caught walleye there years ago. Those days seem long gone, but now there is a glimmer of hope Smile.

Walleye? BRB lemme grab my white bucket
10-09-2012, 08:00 PM
from the website http://www.markham.ca/wps/portal/Markham...ays/Parks, it is said Milne dam park opens from Victoria Day weekend until Thanksgiving. so now I believe it should be closed.
10-09-2012, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 08:55 PM by Jeremy Ray Green.)
[/quote]

Walleye? BRB lemme grab my white bucket

[/quote]

you Will most likely not find walleye/pickerel in these waters...

~Jeremy.
@onwind,

there are different areas to park to get into the park with a short walk, they are talking about the main gates on mccowan south of hwy 7.

find princess st on the far east side, you can park there.

there are also other options of parking and walking, you can find roy h crosby school and walkfrom there, there is st patricks school on hwy 7 with the catholic church,. you can park and walk from the parking lot through to the pond from there if you cannot find sufficient parking on the streets surrounding,
There is a gate to the park at riverview rd. and milne lane, where I have in the past dropped off a row boat then parked the vehicle on hwy 7 at the kfc parking lot then came back to set the boat in the water for the evening...

there is also the Camp chimo parking lot beside the jehovahs witness church,
just south of the rouge river on mccowan...

very nice walks on that side, expect to see deer if your quiet and patient enough... Wink .

~Jeremy.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Jeremy Ray Green for this post:
MichaelAngelo (10-09-2012), onwind (10-10-2012)
10-09-2012, 10:19 PM
That's great advice for those interested in fishing at Milne Dam. I usually used the Crosby parking lot in the summer and would get strange looks from Markham staff as to why I didn't want to leave even after they closed the gates LOL Wink. I think they ended up recognizing me and I was "that guy" Big Grin

Jeremy, my friend and I have taken a canoe from Milne to Highway 7 and Kennedy... good times!!!

10-09-2012, 10:21 PM
(10-09-2012 07:03 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote:  Walleye? BRB lemme grab my white bucket

LOL