You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mount joy this evening
02-05-2013, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 01:03 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Mount joy this evening
Going to hit the ice in Markham for a few hours after work today... from 4pm to 6pm.

Feel free to join me. Big Grin

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: Mount joy this evening
I have to play football with my son this afternoon, good luck to you.
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Bring you spud and spud your way out if this is your first time on the lake, or walking out from a new access. Better safe than sorry. Never assume anything going out on the ice.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
02-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Soooooooooooo..... How was it?
02-05-2013, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 10:37 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Brought out the Lowrance and marked quite a few fish coming up off the bottom... there are plenty of fish in there! Most of them are bullheads though Tongue

1 small OOS bass and 2 brown bullheads were caught Smile. The bass picked the bait up off the bottom and the bullheads were caught on bits of worm sitting on bottom (as usual). For the second time... my camera doesn't work in the cold... the lens cover doesn't stay open. Sucks because it works fine at home... only when it's cold.

I'll have to bring another camera. I need to get in on the multi-speices contest!

PS: Guess how deep Mount Joy pond is in the middle? Anyone care to guess?

02-05-2013, 10:46 PM
6 feet?

(02-05-2013 10:34 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Brought out the Lowrance and marked quite a few fish coming up off the bottom... there are plenty of fish in there! Most of them are bullheads though Tongue

1 small OOS bass and 2 brown bullheads were caught Smile. The bass picked the bait up off the bottom and the bullheads were caught on bits of worm sitting on bottom (as usual). For the second time... my camera doesn't work in the cold... the lens cover doesn't stay open. Sucks because it works fine at home... only when it's cold.

I'll have to bring another camera. I need to get in on the multi-speices contest!

02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
(02-05-2013 10:46 PM)onwind Wrote:  6 feet?

Did Jeremy text message you or something! Yes that's exactly it!

We drilled across the entire pond and we found nothing but a FLAT 6 feet all across! Wild isn't it! Very good to know for summer fishing... I don't need to cast out as far as I thought to get to the "deep" areas Tongue LOL

Now, if only we could find the submerged branches, cars, and the fountain... then we'd be on to something.

02-05-2013, 11:42 PM
(02-05-2013 10:34 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Brought out the Lowrance and marked quite a few fish coming up off the bottom... there are plenty of fish in there! Most of them are bullheads though Tongue

HOLY C**P you picked up a Bass in there... you better buy a lottery ticket with that kind of luck Big Grin.

I always though it would be like maybe 10-15 feet at it's deepest point. 6 makes it feel really small now. I always imagined the Carps lurking in the dark depths of the pond I guess those days are over Tongue.
02-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Haha, I should go out and buy a 649 lottery today. 6 is a must have number.
didn't you catch any crappies?

(02-05-2013 10:50 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 10:46 PM)onwind Wrote:  6 feet?

Did Jeremy text message you or something! Yes that's exactly it!

We drilled across the entire pond and we found nothing but a FLAT 6 feet all across! Wild isn't it! Very good to know for summer fishing... I don't need to cast out as far as I thought to get to the "deep" areas Tongue LOL

Now, if only we could find the submerged branches, cars, and the fountain... then we'd be on to something.
02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
No crappies caught, but we had a school of something nibbling at my bait near the end of the evening.

Good diversity for a 6 ft deep murky pond... goldfish, pumpkinseed, crappie, bass, carp, largemouth, bullhead....