You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A new lurker
09-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Tongue A new lurker
Hi all,

My name is Cindy, I'm a stay at home mom to 3 boys, ages 9.5, 6.5, and 1.5. I live just over the border in QC, but I think the fishing is better in Ontario...Shhhh! Tongue

I used to fish as a kid, my parents have no idea where I got my fishing bug since not a single person in our family has the least bit of interest in fishing whatsoever LOL. They did however used to have some friends that lived on the water who we visited often when I was young, and I'm pretty sure it was them who gave me a rod, some line, hooks, and let me go to town.

My fishing stuff had been stored for many, many years, but this summer it all came out again when my kids asked about fishing during their summer vacation. My oldest definitely has the bug like I did as a kid, my middle one is so-so, and my youngest...well, I just have to make sure he doesn't fall off the pier Tongue

I don't know what kind of rod or reel I have... as long as it can shoot out and reel in my line with a sinker and a hook, I'm good. My boys use some small kid-sized poles I got them at Canadian Tire which light up with every spin, so of course they think they are the coolest rods ever Tongue

I've never used any kind of lures, just hooks with worms (and sometimes bread or meat), but I've also never caught anything bigger than bass and perch.

Anyways, hoping to pick up some tips, tricks and ideas here! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: A new lurker
Welcome to OSF Cindy!........ that is the best and most honest intro I have seen on this site....made me smile a lot..... atta girl!

I sincerely hope you pick up lots of info, enjoy our mutterings, and along the way become a master angler with an impressive scorecard.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Welcome Cindy. Always good to see some female representation in the sport/hobby. Congrats on passing the fishing bug to your oldest son.

You can really catch fish with any gear...even a handline (holding the fishing line with hand instead of using rod and reel)! So any gear can do the job.

You may read about more advanced discussion of equipment quality and such, but it doesn't mean you absolutely need it. Some of us just have too much time of our hands. Big Grin

Questions are always welcomed.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
09-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome Cindy, You will find many people on the forum very helpful and there is a ton of information to read... Good luck and hope your kids become master anglers.
09-12-2013, 09:46 PM
I almost got the light up tinkerbell rod for my niece, she's only 4 but man can she cast! She says she doesn't like using a hook yet though, so we just put a twister tail grub lure on her snap swivel. I've seen her cast it 20' before and was in awe! lol funniest thing is, lots of fish bite her lure and she keeps reeling it away from them yelling "no fishy, don't bite it!" lol adorable kid
09-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Welcome Cindy.

(09-12-2013 09:46 PM)mcfly Wrote:  she keeps reeling it away from them yelling "no fishy, don't bite it!" lol adorable kid

That's golden. Made my day. Big Grin

[Image: logobgs.png]
09-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Welcome Cindy! Great intro.

Glad to have you aboard!
09-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Welcome Cindy!

We're almost alike in that we caught the fishing bug but nobody in the family before us had it.

That being said, I talk about fishing with my boys now and the eldest wants to go fishing which is awesome. He says he wants to catch them a d eat them so he needs a lesson in catch and release lol.