You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New member here
01-21-2017, 10:40 PM
New member here
Hi everyone nice to join the forums here. I am an avid fisherman with a bit of an addiction towards all things fishing! I live in Stratford, Ontario and mostly fish rivers for anything that swims. I am always looking to add to my list of species caught and to learn new techniques and find new places to fish. Looking forward to chatting with everyone on here and to share stories and information so we can all have fun fishing!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: New member here
Hi MikeBass22,

Welcome to the OSF forum.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Anything that a swims seems to be the unofficial moto of the board Smile Looking forward to seeing your reports.
01-24-2017, 10:16 AM
(01-22-2017 02:33 PM)zippyFX Wrote:  Anything that a swims seems to be the unofficial moto of the board Smile Looking forward to seeing your reports.

thanks guys im always lookin to share my fishing adventures and will try to post photos when i can. i mostly fish rivers (thames, maitland, bayfield, grand and the nith) but like to find ponds and pits to explore as well. Happy fishing to allBig Grin
01-30-2017, 01:33 PM
Do you have much luck in the pits in your area?

For a time, a while back, I tried doing pits down my way- there are some amazingly big ones - but it ended up being a frustrating experience in that most were posted by the owners, or access was made illegal by the communities due to past unfortunate water related serious or fatal accidents.

You do not have to (and should not) share locations - I am just generally interested in what success you've had.

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.
01-30-2017, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 02:08 PM by MuskieBait.)
Most pits are posted for liability reasons. Landowner don't want to take responsibility should someone get injured or kills on their land. No trespassing signs address that issue.

Also, some pits are privately stocked. Landowners don't want people coming to catch (and sometime keep) their fish.

There was one pit that I had access through a friend...privately stocked with Rainbow Trout...and man...those were some good days. We fished for these trout when season was closed (private pond, no issue for us). When the water was clear and still, we sightfished for competitively feeding trout with streamers. Food source was restricted in the pit so trout will fight for a larger meal.

We had to chase out people once who trespassed on the pond. These people were equipped with fishing equipment and a stringer.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
02-01-2017, 10:27 AM
ya i sucks when others greed and selfishness wreck spots like pits and we find most of them posted. i do have access to several pits in the area and have some very good success for pike and bass mostly. A close friend of mine works for a gravel company in the area and we have access to some good pits filled with bass and panfish to ones with carp and bullheads. I usually dont take any fish home with me from the pits as most are privately stocked and i dont eat alot of fish. We are working on getting access to a couple other pits that have rainbow and brown trout in them, hope to maybe ice fish them with any luck this year.
02-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Yes it does. I had access at one point to a huge pit-lake near Nanticoke that had some awesome Largemouth in it. Partiers and vandals and their garbage prompted the owner to post the lake. Sad.

Let us know how things work out in a report.

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.
10-29-2018, 10:06 AM
Welcome!