You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to fishing
06-02-2017, 12:43 AM
New to fishing
Hello folks,

I'm an old-ish guy who recently decided to give fishing a try and it quickly became an addiction. I found the OSF forums while looking for fishing spots on google and figured this is probably a good hangout place.

One of the reasons I decided to adopt fishing as a new hobby is because it pairs nicely with some of my other passions like paddling (sit-in kayak mostly), cycling and spending time outside.

I'm not very experienced with fishing, since I got started 3 weeks ago (being coached by a buddy of mine) I only caught one fish (yellow bullhead at Milne Dam). Planning a trip to Scugog Lake soon to rent a boat to fish for a day which I'm told it's pretty much the guarantee of catching a ton of fish (fingers crossed). But so far I've only done shore fishing and I believe that'll be my bread and butter.

Hoping to learn from more experienced anglers here and maybe one day try to contribute myself.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: New to fishing
It's a great hangout place! We think so.

Welcome to OSF. Looking forward to your contributions.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Welcome! I just joined the fun yesterday too. Shore fisherman out of Pickering here, and no catches to report for the year, so you're ahead of me. You guys looking for company on Scugog? I'd be game if the timing is right. Smile
06-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Thanks guys!

@Dusty, we were going tomorrow but it got cancelled, it's always a last minute thing since my friend has to work weekends most of the time, if we get 3 or 4 guys we could even rent a pontoon boat, more room, can walk around and all. If I find out in advance I'll definitely post here.

Today I spent a few hours at Island Lake Conservation Area, long drive but beautiful place, clear water, you can see sunfish actually following your lures in most spots. Definitely going back there soon. Caught nothing, lots of bits and lost a few fish... Barbless hooks + no experience = bad combo I guess. Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to HogTown06 for this post:
Dusty_D (06-04-2017)
06-04-2017, 08:56 AM
(06-04-2017 12:22 AM)HogTown06 Wrote:  Thanks guys!

@Dusty, we were going tomorrow but it got cancelled, it's always a last minute thing since my friend has to work weekends most of the time, if we get 3 or 4 guys we could even rent a pontoon boat, more room, can walk around and all. If I find out in advance I'll definitely post here.

Today I spent a few hours at Island Lake Conservation Area, long drive but beautiful place, clear water, you can see sunfish actually following your lures in most spots. Definitely going back there soon. Caught nothing, lots of bits and lost a few fish... Barbless hooks + no experience = bad combo I guess. Smile

I'd be up for it. Drop me a PM anytime. I'm available most days after dropping my kid to school, and most Friday and Saturdays for an early morning start. I've been going smaller and smaller with my tackle just so I can start targeting the Panfish. Hoping to start catching something.. anything.. Big Grin