You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to the Forums
09-03-2013, 09:21 AM
New to the Forums
Hello one and all! I am glad to of found this community of fellow shore fishers! Been looking for a site like this to potentially learn of new spots and techniques, and to share a few "sacred spots" with those lucky enough! I am based just north of Newmarket in a town I am sure 99.99% of you have never heard of, Queensville. Even though I am close to Lake Simcoe, unfortunately some spots tend to be over crowded with people during the summer. Due to that I will drive up to and sometimes over 150 Km's in any direction searching for that next "sacred spot" and quiet spot.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 01:18 PM by john20000.)
RE: New to the Forums
Hi, what are your "sacred spots" that you are willing to drive 150 Km for?
09-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay.

150km drive is dedication.. good on you Smile
09-03-2013, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 02:26 PM by MuskieBait.)
Not intended to sound condescending, but driving 150km for fishing isn't really dedication for a lot of anglers. Many people drive 2-3 hours one way simply to fish for a day.

To put it into perspective, at 150km distance you are not even able to reach Gravenhurst (170km) from downtown Toronto.

We used to drive from Waterloo to Haliburton (roughly 350km one way) just to fish for the day...same day return.

But then again, we did drive 2600km one way just to fish in the Florida Keys... Rolleyes

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I suppose it all depends on people's schedule to really define how far 150km is. A full day of fishing is pretty much luxury for me so 150km one way would take some serious planning for the family and such Smile

But 2600km? that's not dedication.. that's called an addiction lol.
09-03-2013, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 02:27 PM by MuskieBait.)
(09-03-2013 02:16 PM)shawarma Wrote:  I suppose it all depends on people's schedule to really define how far 150km is. A full day of fishing is pretty much luxury for me so 150km one way would take some serious planning for the family and such Smile

But 2600km? that's not dedication.. that's called an addiction lol.

Flying to South America and exploring the Amazon tributaries in dug out canoes with local tribesmen in places that don't even have names is "addiction".

All those fishing shows you watch...Fish TV, Real Fishing, Fishin' Canada, Facts of Fishing, etc...most of the time the hosts fish outside of the cities, usually 2-3 hours away at the minimum, if not they are in a Northern Ontario lodge. Anything under 200km is pretty tame.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
09-03-2013, 03:11 PM
(09-03-2013 09:21 AM)Sierra85 Wrote:  Hello one and all! I am glad to of found this community of fellow shore fishers!

Hi Sierra85,

Welcome to OSF.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
09-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Welcome Sierra85.

Glad to have you aboard. Keep those sacred spots sacred, wouldn't want a good spot to be ruined.

Looking forward to your posts!
09-06-2013, 10:31 PM
(09-03-2013 09:21 AM)Sierra85 Wrote:  Hello one and all! I am glad to of found this community of fellow shore fishers! Been looking for a site like this to potentially learn of new spots and techniques, and to share a few "sacred spots" with those lucky enough! I am based just north of Newmarket in a town I am sure 99.99% of you have never heard of, Queensville. Even though I am close to Lake Simcoe, unfortunately some spots tend to be over crowded with people during the summer. Due to that I will drive up to and sometimes over 150 Km's in any direction searching for that next "sacred spot" and quiet spot.

You're close to Simcoe, do any ice fishing? Hopefully we can meet up come hard water season.

[Image: logobgs.png]