You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lake Niapenco in Binbrook
08-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Lake Niapenco in Binbrook
Hi Everyone, i am planning to take my son and nephew here next week to try our luck from the shore. Just wondering if anyone has fished here? Not looking for specific spots, but i see two entrances from an aerial map. Looks like a main entrance off the east end of the lake, and another off the west end on the north side. Any suggestions?

I would be happy if the kids were able to catch sunfish. Even better if they snag a crappie or bass.

I am hoping we will have some luck, since i believe people mainly catch and release here, as i've heard its pretty polluted?

Kids will most likely be using live worms and a floater. i'll try some jigs? wacky rigged senko worms, spinners, crankbaits? i'll throw my whole tackle box in there.

any advice to make the day a good one for the kids.

thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: Lake Niapenco in Binbrook
You may want to reconsider
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/75036...reservoir/
08-23-2017, 01:53 PM
Haha, yes. Thank you Fossil Fish. I did hear it was closed last week, and called the park today. apparently the ministry has been by and done their testing and deemed the waters safe again. it has reopened for swimming, fishing etc.

Since we treat this as a recreational activity, we just catch and release with no intentions of eating anything coming out of Hamilton waters haha. With the hook barbs clamped in, making it easier to release, and less handling time, i think we should be alright.

i am considering LaSalle park Marina in Burlington as well, as we are actually pretty close to there too.

thanks for the heads up though!
08-23-2017, 03:02 PM
If needing bait on the way there - the guys at Bills Bait in Upper James in Hamilton might offer some advice re Binbrook, and have some current gossip on stuff going on there. I've heard the algae is fairly thick this year.

LaSalle doesn't offer the possible species Binbrook does - but worms will catch lots of bullhead straight out front early in day, and the channel going to the ramp if fished half way down with worm pieces will get ya lottsa small white perch all day long. It has johnny's and the price to go and park there is $0. Plus Easterbrooks is a short drive away............. smile.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-24-2017, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2017 04:18 PM by Skunkd.)
Thanks Oldtimer. Actually LaSalle is sounding pretty good. The kids will be happy with perch all day. Going to be there Wednesday late morning if anyone is in the neighbourhood. Will map where Easterbrook a is too.

Thanks!
Foot long hot dogs and shakes! Sold!
08-25-2017, 06:02 AM
(08-24-2017 04:13 PM)Skunkd Wrote:  Thanks Oldtimer. Actually LaSalle is sounding pretty good. The kids will be happy with perch all day. Going to be there Wednesday late morning if anyone is in the neighbourhood. Will map where Easterbrook a is too.

Thanks!
Foot long hot dogs and shakes! Sold!

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2017, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 10:15 PM by Adamthedeertracker.)
I heard appently Brinbrook has lots of white crappie and green sunfish. 2 species I hope to target next summer/spring. Lasalle I heard lots of good things about white perch there.
(08-23-2017 03:02 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  If needing bait on the way there - the guys at Bills Bait in Upper James in Hamilton might offer some advice re Binbrook, and have some current gossip on stuff going on there. I've heard the algae is fairly thick this year.

LaSalle doesn't offer the possible species Binbrook does - but worms will catch lots of bullhead straight out front early in day, and the channel going to the ramp if fished half way down with worm pieces will get ya lottsa small white perch all day long. It has johnny's and the price to go and park there is $0. Plus Easterbrooks is a short drive away............. smile.

Cheers,

OldTimer

Was wondering how big the white perch get there and if they are good eating?