You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shawn from Lynden!
09-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Shawn from Lynden!
Hi everyone, my name is Shawn, I live in Lynden. I moved here a year ago from Willow Beach which is up on Lake Simcoe between Keswick and Sutton. I just recently got back into fishing this summer since the move, I have been doing a lot of fishing at the bridge in Caledonia and further south on the river in York. Catching all smallmouth there which has been very good. I have never caught a salmon before and really look forward to my first one. I was at the pier by the skyway bridge this morning and had no bites, but it was good to get out. Would love to meet up and learn the tricks to salmon fishing!!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: Shawn from Lynden!
(09-08-2012 01:53 PM)hookme30 Wrote:  Hi everyone, my name is Shawn, I live in Lynden. I moved here a year ago from Willow Beach which is up on Lake Simcoe between Keswick and Sutton. I just recently got back into fishing this summer since the move, I have been doing a lot of fishing at the bridge in Caledonia and further south on the river in York. Catching all smallmouth there which has been very good. I have never caught a salmon before and really look forward to my first one. I was at the pier by the skyway bridge this morning and had no bites, but it was good to get out. Would love to meet up and learn the tricks to salmon fishing!!

Hey Shawn,
welcome to the forum we have a lot of helpful members that will help you with any of your fishing needs! Smile

BTW if you need some good places for Salmon fishing shoot me a PM or reply and I'll let ya know Smile

Welcome,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi Shawn,

Welcome to OSF.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
09-08-2012, 06:25 PM
(09-08-2012 01:53 PM)hookme30 Wrote:  Hi everyone, my name is Shawn, I live in Lynden. I moved here a year ago from Willow Beach which is up on Lake Simcoe between Keswick and Sutton. I just recently got back into fishing this summer since the move, I have been doing a lot of fishing at the bridge in Caledonia and further south on the river in York. Catching all smallmouth there which has been very good. I have never caught a salmon before and really look forward to my first one. I was at the pier by the skyway bridge this morning and had no bites, but it was good to get out. Would love to meet up and learn the tricks to salmon fishing!!

Hey Shawn, keep at it! Salmon has funny moods. Some days they will hit anything and everything. Some days they will ignore everything. There are evenings where they will turn on for an hours and then shuts off. There are nights you can get fish all night here and there to keep you interested. That's just the way it is with these fish...unless you have a boat to go trolling for them...

Try some large (1oz or heavier) glow in the dark spoons. Keep them charged all the time so they glow brightly. Other lures you can try are Rapala Jointed 13's during the day, and wobbling plugs (glow ones for night time). Canadian Wrigglers also work for my friend Matt.

I love fishing Caledonia too. Smile

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
09-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Welcome welcome! Good luck with your first salmon!

[Image: logobgs.png]