You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shore Fishing Spots in Toronto
07-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Shore Fishing Spots in Toronto
Hi All,

I will be in Toronto this weekend and may have the opportunity to wet a line one evening. I don;t know Toronto that well and I was wondering if someone could suggest a safe and easily accessible location for fishing (likely catfishing).

My first guess was to go to the are by where the ferry leaves for the Island but my guess is that hauling fish up from that height may be a challenge. I will be staying on the Danforth near the DVP. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would also be interested in knowing if there is a bait shop in this area as well.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Shore Fishing Spots in Toronto
Some of us may be at Center Island and High Park this weekend with the Family Fishing events. If you like to figure out which evening you are free to wet a line, we could try to get out together at either place (wherever we may be for that day).

Center Island fishing would be fun. We could try to looking for a bowfin or try for carp.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2013, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 08:26 PM by Sailor Joe.)
(07-03-2013 05:54 PM)zippyFX Wrote:  Hi All,

I will be in Toronto this weekend and may have the opportunity to wet a line one evening. I don;t know Toronto that well and I was wondering if someone could suggest a safe and easily accessible location for fishing (likely catfishing).

My first guess was to go to the are by where the ferry leaves for the Island but my guess is that hauling fish up from that height may be a challenge. I will be staying on the Danforth near the DVP. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would also be interested in knowing if there is a bait shop in this area as well.

Thanks!

Plenty of carp hanging out on the surface of Ashbridges Bay; where the marina is and by the path. Lost count...
07-03-2013, 11:34 PM
(07-03-2013 08:25 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  Plenty of carp hanging out on the surface of Ashbridges Bay; where the marina is and by the path. Lost count...

I had a few carp bite last week when I was there. I work just down the street so that's where i go when i have a break during the day Cool

(07-03-2013 06:28 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Some of us may be at Center Island and High Park this weekend with the Family Fishing events. If you like to figure out which evening you are free to wet a line, we could try to get out together at either place (wherever we may be for that day).

Center Island fishing would be fun. We could try to looking for a bowfin or try for carp.

I've never fished centre island before, I'd want to go if you guys are setting something up if that's ok. I don't ever get to fish with other fishermen (serious ones that is LOL)
07-04-2013, 12:32 AM
I'd love to meet up at the Islands with you guys, but I'm scheduled for work all weekend long. Zippy, I'd meet up with Muskiebait and the rest at the Islands if you can. It's your best bet and you'll meet a lot of friendly and helpful anglers.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks guys, I maybe out at Center Island tomorrow with the family. I'll ping you guys if I am.

I am not sure if I will get any fishing in this trip... sigh... I was looking forward at least trying for a bowfin Smile)

Spent the day at the zoo with the kids and saw a nice pod of carp swimming under the bridge at the entrance.

On the bright side my kids were on the CTV news weather section @ 6:00 when they were at the water park at the zoo.
07-06-2013, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 02:41 PM by west.)
What's the most effective method for bowfin?