You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thirteen kinds of anglers
12-21-2012, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 12:44 AM by MuskieBait.)
Thirteen kinds of anglers
Why does everything has to revolve around bass anglers? Dodgy Lame...

Anyways, I find it doesn't only apply to bass anglers...but anglers in general.

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/bass...ities.html

I'm definitely a combination of...

The McGyver
The Philosopher
The Addict
The Mad Scientist
The Journalist
The Lock Jaw

Big Grin

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2012, 01:09 AM
RE: Thirteen kinds of anglers
I am the one who has never caught one bass but has bought a lot of all kinds of lures for bass.
(12-21-2012 12:42 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Why does everything has to revolve around bass anglers? Dodgy Lame...

Anyways, I find it doesn't only apply to bass anglers...but anglers in general.

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/bass...ities.html

I'm definitely a combination of...

The McGyver
The Philosopher
The Addict
The Mad Scientist
The Journalist
The Lock Jaw

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
12-21-2012, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 03:28 AM by MuskieBait.)
(12-21-2012 01:09 AM)onwind Wrote:  I am the one who has never caught one bass but has bought a lot of all kinds of lures for bass.

"The Tackle Ho" - These are anglers who own all combinations and permutations of lures, reels and rods, who can tell you all the pros and cons about every piece of gear, but rarely use these gear to catch a fish, if ever catching a fish at all. Some of these people are anticipating for the day they will finally catch their target fish. Some of them prefer to become a tackle collector rather than an angler.

I know a few of these people too...all talk...but can't catch a darn fish if their lives depend on it. Tongue

I can be a bit of a Tackle Ho too...I have a few 14oz knife jigs that has yet to see action (although previously I've used these on a charter)...and 12" Creek Chub Pikie yet to be used in Montauk (although previously I have borrowed a friend's lure while fishing in Montauk)...but I'm those who anticipate that one day I'll have a chance to use them...and not simply collecting lure for the sake of owning more...

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
12-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Then again:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Four-Type....114668797

Or:

"There are only two types of fisherman: those who fish for sport; and those who fish for fish."

It may appear that everything revolves around bass fishing - cuz it does................... smile.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
12-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Lol the Philosopher one has the quote that I use in my signature. I would say I'm the guy who takes pictures of absolutely every catch!

Giuga10
12-22-2012, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2012 12:23 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
LOL this thread is awesome... I was extreme McGyver in my earlier years LOL... I once had a generous boater offer to retrieve my snagged rig from across the river. He got it back for me and said "REALLY, you sent me across to get your WORM AND BOBBER!". Indeed I had... don't want to pollute you know Wink

And in case you were wondering who Butch Brown the Trophy Hunter was:

[Image: logobgs.png]