You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wet Wading
09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
RE: Wet Wading
(09-17-2012 12:33 PM)Tyger Wrote:  Probaly won't be able to to try this year, but are aqua shoes ok for this. Everyone seemed to mention sandals (or plain ol' running shoes)?

Should be - as long as they afford a bit of protection against sharp rock edges, & stubbed toes................ and they have a bit of traction for the slippery spots.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2012, 01:47 PM
(09-18-2012 10:14 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(09-17-2012 12:33 PM)Tyger Wrote:  Probaly won't be able to to try this year, but are aqua shoes ok for this. Everyone seemed to mention sandals (or plain ol' running shoes)?

Should be - as long as they afford a bit of protection against sharp rock edges, & stubbed toes................ and they have a bit of traction for the slippery spots.

I wear a pair of surf booties...rubber sole and neoprene uppers. They work...and aqua shoes are the same material.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
09-18-2012, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2012 09:30 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
I've been using my spare running shoes, and it's good for the long-distance walking that usually accompanies my fishing adventures. It is a bit annoying to be constantly hanging shoes out to dry, but I'd rather take the shoes than sandals or ill-fitting water shoes.

If I invested in a good pair of water shoes... then it'd be a different story.

My feet are very oddly shaped (extra, extra wide and very flat footed) and I wear supported soles... so it's hard to find a good shoe that isn't New Balance or something comparable.

[Image: logobgs.png]
09-19-2012, 04:08 PM
(09-18-2012 01:47 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(09-18-2012 10:14 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  

I wear a pair of surf booties...rubber sole and neoprene uppers. They work...and aqua shoes are the same material.

I have a cheap from wal-mart, hopefully they have enough grip...gonna try somewhere next year, since it's getting cold alreadySad
Find all posts by this user
06-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Bump............. its that time again..................

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.