You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Where in Collingwood?
06-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Where in Collingwood?
Recently moved to Collingwood and I'd like to take my boys to do some shoreline fishing. Any suggestions? We tried the docks and the edge near the mills but no luck. Also would like to know if our chances are better in the morning or evening. Thanks!!!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Where in Collingwood?
I don't fish that area, but I can say your chances are always better in the morning or evening in the summer.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Thx, hopefully someone does fish this area or somewhere nearby.
06-30-2014, 11:32 PM
I would see if there's a local tackle shop, they should know. If they don't, they ain't much of a tackle shop!
07-01-2014, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 08:23 AM by Dave Bailey.)
Can't seem to find out if there's an admission fee, but the Clendenan Conservation Area in Thornbury seems to have fishing in the pond. There's a fish ladder, so make sure you don't fish within 75 feet downstream of it, if I understand the regs correctly. The pond would be okay. Paste these coordinates into Google Maps to locate it: 44.539605,-80.472171
Looking on Google Street view, there seems to be a parking spot (small) at the north end of the bridge over the Minesing River, on Flos Rd. 4 West, at: 44.481313,-79.931685 Looks like you can walk to the edge of the river from there.
07-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Thank you!
07-01-2014, 10:44 AM
(07-01-2014 08:46 AM)iansutherland Wrote:  Thank you!

Any time. I've found quite a few spots by just looking for rivers and lakes on Google Maps. When I see a likely spot I just drag the little guy icon over, and if the road beside it is highlighted I'll drop it there and start looking at the place in detail. Primary consideration is safe parking, of course. If it looks good you go back to the map, right click on the spot, and click on 'What's here?' This brings up GPS coordinates in the address box, which I then enter on my GPS. When I saw your request I just looked around your area.

Hmmm, maybe I should put a little tutorial together...