You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Whirlpool for Steel
02-15-2014, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 05:53 PM by fishfight.)
RE: Whirlpool for Steel
Someone crazy enough to fish there and did well centerpining yesterday 7/10 based on his reports. I should have gone down instead of just viewing it from the top of Aero, but I could also not be back alive to write this report. I know how to fish the river without the ice, Just hate the ice drift since I cast and retrieve with spoon. I will bring my pin next time as well. We were not at the right spot at Queenston, quite snaggeable and shallower. I can use my waders next time I go back to Queenston. Another 6 feet off shore make a whole lot of difference.

Give me a shout next time you feel like heading to Niagara, I normally fish there if condition permits, always looking for someone to share gas expense. I am very active at Niagara fishing board. Will be boat fishing the River for bass with Michaelangelo as well on the US side comes spring, US license has just drop to $50 per year, yearly based on the month you bought your license, so good news for everyone. I have to buy a floatation suit soon to boat fish the water during the winter months. Found another new guy who has the boat parked there.

Very nice photos you have taken, good to view from close up to fully respect what the area can give. It looks somewhat dangerous and we need a long net to land those fish. Your legs got to be strong to hike quite a bit, so I am also looking for good hiker anglers all the time, fishing will be better soon , now that we have our regular Canadian winter. We did well in 2012 fall, my beginner friend went 10 successful trip in 10 attempted days, while I was 7/10 days, but I landed way more in total, since some days I was landing at least 5 fish.

If you do not mind, I will borrow your images, use it and put a warning sign at the other niagara site, so others will be more forewarned of its potential danger. Some young guy might be promoting the site has fish, but many are not street smart or careful enough to not fall in, especially when one fights with a fish, our focus is away from our footing on the unpredictable ground.

I was busy casting while standing on a snow covered boulder at Queenston ramp, at one point I was shock to have witness one of my feet was already halfway outside of the boulder. I could have easily trip in seconds.

Josh
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply