You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

nov 20 Toronto Carp
11-20-2012, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 10:01 PM by tangledline.)
nov 20 Toronto Carp
Tues November 20 i was able to go fishing 10 until 5 in Toronto's Harbours.
I have been shut out by carp the last two outings....i went back and stripped off my line and serviced my gear.
I have repeatedly watched my bait spit out or line noticed. the line probably had a lot of twist in it and thus was visible...
i also changed from green to clear mono as the water is crystal clear.
i shortened my leader to 13 inches from 18 inches and added more slip weight.
i arrived at the swim only to be using my pike rod to fish for pike chasing gizzard shad....several pike follows always breaking away at 1.5 feet.
There were rainbow trout too....zipping around.....
Finally the carp arrived to the baited swim...but again they were cautious for an hour.....
the first carp to take the bait i landed....28lbs....well proportioned athlete....had to be careful with the 10lb mono.
when i released this carp the pod was spooked and did not reappear for 3 hours
one small 5 lbs carp hung around and picked up my bait twice ever so gently and drop it right away
i cast out and a trout zoomed in on my bait and hit it but did not take it.
the pod returned and an eager eater picked up my bait...it rose trying to spit it out so i paniced to set a circle hook and failed
lesson don't help the carp spit your circle hook...let em struggle.
another eager eater "a little fatty" caught trying to spit out the bait with no help from me...
this carp was landed at 22lbs.

two decent fighting carp today!

Sunday i found a pod of the largest pound for pound carp pod i have found yet.
the conditions that existed were way different than ussual and i failed repeatedly to get one.
the current was extreme and the carp were swimming into it and eating then falling back when the current was too strong
and they repeated this a hundred times....i just kept getting my bait out of postion....
the sheer sizes of the carps were incredible yet the failure to out smart them humbling as well.

I have invested tons of hours fishing for carp and i am just starting to understand 2 percent of what i could know if i make further efforts.
i realize that carp fishing grows on you like having a dog.
i am gonna be way to busy for another outing anytime soon so i guess these will be the last two for me this year.
looking forward to next year!

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 12:13 AM
RE: nov 20 Toronto Carp
Wow.... Those are some very nice Carp! Great report!

MA will be glad to see this report!

Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 01:00 PM
RE: nov 20 Toronto Carp
Dave, gorgeous, fat fish! somebody get Jenny Craig all up in here!!!

What do you mean by "i am just starting to understand 2 percent of what i could know if i make further efforts."?

Great report btw!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user