Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New type of Fishing Derby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will open some eyes........ and minds.

Carp Madness 2013……….. a new style Fishing Tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQYJd-7iQb8

Cheers,

OldTimer
Yeah, I saw that a while ago.

Very interesting. Although I would much rather see that these Asian Carp are harvested by other means...rather than gill net. I'm not sure what the catch rate is like bycatch of native species...but if jumping is the defining characteristic of Asian Carp, you could just run the boat and collect the Asian Carp as they jump into the waiting catch nets that are set up around the boat. Just envision a boat surrounded on all sides with a 5' wide margin of catch net.
.............. soon in watercourse near you.
Neat video, thanks for the share, hope they never establish in the great lakes
(04-19-2013 03:31 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I saw that a while ago.

Very interesting. Although I would much rather see that these Asian Carp are harvested by other means...rather than gill net. I'm not sure what the catch rate is like bycatch of native species...but if jumping is the defining characteristic of Asian Carp, you could just run the boat and collect the Asian Carp as they jump into the waiting catch nets that are set up around the boat. Just envision a boat surrounded on all sides with a 5' wide margin of catch net.

I can imagine after a few years of this method there won't be any jumpers anymore... lol. Then what?
Reference URL's