Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lyrids this weekend!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure how many astronomy addicts are here...but Lyrid meteor shower is going to peak this Sunday night to Monday morning. It's not the best one...but this Sunday night to Monday morning is supposed to be CLEAR!!! It been a while since we had a clear sky for the peak of a meteor shower.

Aside from viewing, you can also try capturing them.

Here's my first ever meteor captured. It's a Perseid fireball from 2009. I saw about 60-70 that night while fishing...and then took the camera out and saw another 50 in 1.5 hours...but only got one on the camera.

[Image: 2009103.jpg]
(04-19-2013 06:18 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from viewing, you can also try capturing them.

I have a real large fielder's mitt - that work?

Or should I use my 5 gallon pail?

......smile

OT
OT, you might be better off with an oven mitt.

Ken, were you using a long exposure time to get one on film?
ISO 100, F3.5, 4 seconds exposure for that shot. But it takes about 4 seconds to save the exposure even when shooting with the 10 consecutive shot mode. Old camera...slow saving speed...especially since the camera cannot take SDHC cards...

My camera max out at ISO 400 (ISO 100 is slowest), 15 seconds exposure (1/3200 at the fastest) and F2.8 (F8.0 at the smallest).
(04-19-2013 09:12 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]ISO 100, F3.5, 4 seconds exposure for that shot. But it takes about 4 seconds to save the exposure even when shooting with the 10 consecutive shot mode. Old camera...slow saving speed...especially since the camera cannot take SDHC cards...

My camera max out at ISO 400 (ISO 100 is slowest), 15 seconds exposure (1/3200 at the fastest) and F2.8 (F8.0 at the smallest).

Did you get any yesterday?
Nope...worked all weekend...had to work Monday early...I spent the time sleeping Sad
You should go sturgeon fishing...
I wish I have the time to Sad

Too many work commitments lately...
Reference URL's