Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pike bait?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-30-2013 09:55 AM)tweedwolfscream Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks - I agree that the park itself is zone 16, but that would only really apply to landlocked ponds within it (and I only know one of those). The lagoons and embayments connected to Lake Ontario should be zone 20 per the boundary map.

I just got a response from TRCA on the deadbait question - "Thanks for your email. We have no big concerns with using dead bait. I hope you enjoy fishing at the park."

I'm not gonna bother asking what "big concerns" means haha

I'll let you know if I hear anything back from Wil Wegman, but most stuff south of Lake Simcoe seems to be pretty low priority.....

Do you have a map of the Pike channels...?
(04-30-2013 10:42 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]I'll let you know if I hear anything back from Wil Wegman, but most stuff south of Lake Simcoe seems to be pretty low priority.....

I don't, no, but I understand they're in embayments B and C and Cell 1?

Maybe I'll email the MNR through the "ask a CO" system and see if that's faster.
(04-30-2013 10:47 AM)tweedwolfscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013 10:42 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]I'll let you know if I hear anything back from Wil Wegman, but most stuff south of Lake Simcoe seems to be pretty low priority.....

I don't, no, but I understand they're in embayments B and C and Cell 1?

Maybe I'll email the MNR through the "ask a CO" system and see if that's faster.

Reply from Wil...classified as per zone 20! Big Grin

I guess I'll be there on Saturday too then, plus Bass opens a week earlier this year......
Haha great, thanks for checking into that for me Smile
I've heard there are bass near the channel that the main road crosses by a bridge halfway up the spit, but I haven't tried for them.
A nice large swimbait worked slowly should get you explosive strikes from pike..even with the water being on the cool side.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's