Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Grrrr...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rivers are so flooded...damn it! Spoiling my plans...Dodgy
The Ottawa river is also running high and fast. Annoying me too Sad
Yes the river water levels ARE staying up more this year than usual right across Southern Ontario.

In one way it makes going to your favorite spots and preferred methods unproductive. But my last two outings turned out to be fun (and successful) as I sought out alternate or new locations - using different methods and equipment.

In fact I may do so again next trip - kinda gettin to like it now.

Cheers,

OldTimer
I love (resonably) high water levels. Keeps the big rough fish close to shore and feeding!
...but Ken, are we talking about your trip to the States?? Are those river at near flood stage and unfishable?
Yes Eli...I guess you and I can find Shovelnose another time...Mississippi was too high to fish...

And one river with high water tried to send me to the afterlife...well, exaggerating a bit...but it was high enough to flood my waders and I was just pushing gravel on tippy toes...
(05-20-2013 05:49 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Eli...I guess you and I can find Shovelnose another time...Mississippi was too high to fish...

And one river with high water tried to send me to the afterlife...well, exaggerating a bit...but it was high enough to flood my waders and I was just pushing gravel on tippy toes...

Glad to hear on the phone today that the bad weather didn't crash the trip Wink. Jealous...
Reference URL's