Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pike Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good place to go catch some pike around Toronto or the GTA?

I've never really targeted pike before but since bass are still oos and the rainbows are out of the rivers, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Also, my girlfriend suggested maybe we head somewhere that she can lay down a blanket and get some reading done and I can fish. I don't pass up those opportunities. haha.

Anyway, if someone could give me a tip or any advice that would be a huge help.

PM is fine.

Cheers,
Mike
Bluffers Park is a great place to start.
(05-18-2013 11:13 PM)mikea07 Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone point me in the direction of a good place to go catch some pike around Toronto or the GTA?

Cast swimbaits on jigheads, spoons, and spinners around weedbeds. I've never tried it, but I'd think a swimbait rigged weedless on a jighead would word wonders, retrived over and around weeds.

Frenchmen's bay, Bluffers, pretty much any marina/structure area on Lake O.
I was maybe going to go up to Simcoe or scugog. Any advice for around there?

I'm going to be fishing from shore.
Stay away from bluffers right now, I Think we need toronto fishing ambassadors to pick up on this newest stink, But Bluffers is denying anyshore or even boat fishermen in their area right now....

frenchmans bay is great. FOR ALL SPECIES...

if you have the chance to take aboat out row boat or canoe even...

drop shot rigs with live minnows will get you the pike you are interested in, on frenchmans bay...
Toronto Islands. Fish in the canals.
Mike. I would say that the islands are your best place. My gf comes with me sometimes and the island offer the best locations. Check out google maps before you go and pick your spot.
(05-19-2013 08:24 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]Stay away from bluffers right now, I Think we need toronto fishing ambassadors to pick up on this newest stink, But Bluffers is denying anyshore or even boat fishermen in their area right now....

drop shot rigs with live minnows will get you the pike you are interested in, on frenchmans bay...

What's the story there? I found this from last year:

http://www.nationalprostaff.com/report/2...nt++UPDATE
(05-21-2013 04:49 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2013 08:24 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]Stay away from bluffers right now, I Think we need toronto fishing ambassadors to pick up on this newest stink, But Bluffers is denying anyshore or even boat fishermen in their area right now....

What's the story there? I found this from last year:

http://www.nationalprostaff.com/report/2...nt++UPDATE

Same thing again as last year,
It is illegal to tell someone they cannot fish when they are doing so "LEGALLY"

Allot of controversy back and forth about it, some say shaun was at wrong and fishing unethically, but then again those are the ones whom suggest "No on wants him there"

here is the WRVORADIO.com link to an interview held by Reno, with Shaun Rickard.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/4639030/who...ers_you_do

~Jeremy.
I don't know anything what's going on about Bluffer's park but I was there every weekend since the opening and been fishing my spots. Pike fishing was slow though. Managed to pull in 2 pikes and one brown trout total of 2 weekends. Frenchman's is getting hot pike action lately.
Reference URL's