Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Conestoga Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fishing the conestoga lake today before the torrential downpour with thunder and lightning, me and my girlfriend caught many of catfish in between 1 to 3 pounds, We also managed to snag one smallmouth bass. The lake water level was high, the catfish were being caught with bobber and worm. The area they were being caught looks like it would be a shore when the lake level is down.

What other fish are to be had on the conestoga?
Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass, Pike and Sunfish.
(05-21-2013 08:13 PM)mrclownprince Wrote: [ -> ]Fishing the conestoga lake today before the torrential downpour with thunder and lightning, me and my girlfriend caught many of catfish in between 1 to 3 pounds, We also managed to snag one smallmouth bass. The lake water level was high, the catfish were being caught with bobber and worm. The area they were being caught looks like it would be a shore when the lake level is down.

What other fish are to be had on the conestoga?

Just looked up the identification, the fish were brown bullhead catfish. And one Smallmouth Bass.
Below the dam is the good fishing spot, Walleye was caught at this spot. Bullheads are too many.
Yeah, 30 to 1 on the bullhead. Still no luck with lures. With worms the bullheads won't leave you alone. Might be just time to try and find a record weighted bullhead Smile
(05-22-2013 10:36 PM)mrclownprince Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, 30 to 1 on the bullhead. Still no luck with lures. With worms the bullheads won't leave you alone. Might be just time to try and find a record weighted bullhead Smile

Or the record for the combined total catch weight of bullhead LOL.

Try keeping the worm off the bottom a bit? I think the bullhead will then leave it alone. This is just a theory.
(05-26-2013 09:39 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Or the record for the combined total catch weight of bullhead LOL.

Try keeping the worm off the bottom a bit? I think the bullhead will then leave it alone. This is just a theory.

Yeah...your theory is quite the opposite in my experience...worm on bottom = lots of bulheads.
The bullheads were taking the worm top , mid and bottom. Quite hungry those bullheads. a good place for a guaranteed catch Smile
Reference URL's