Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Round Goby Derby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wonder if anyone has a round goby fishing derby. Seems like it would be benefit the waters affected by these fish Smile
Sorta a win win thing................. I like the premise.
Actually...I'll just hold my tongue on this topic...I don't really have anything nice to say...
[Image: kill_4f8f3c_3036612.jpg]
(05-26-2013 06:16 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Sorta a win win thing................. I like the premise.

The gobies would win. There are too many of them.
I like the idea!
I read somewhere that Goby have lots of parasites, are they safe to handle? I caught some at Frenchman's bay yesterday and I really didn't want to touch them for some reason lol threw them in the trash
(06-11-2013 11:13 PM)mcfly Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere that Goby have lots of parasites, are they safe to handle? I caught some at Frenchman's bay yesterday and I really didn't want to touch them for some reason lol threw them in the trash

They have parasites, but they wont harm you. Also the parasites cant be transferred from contact, only ingestion. All fish have parasites, fish in the rouge river have tons of them.
Stay away from eating round goby's raw Smile use the recipe on the forum i guess Smile
I have read articles that state that some goby's may eat algae that contains the botulism virus and that it is advisable to wash one's hands prior to eating finger food after handling a goby.

OT
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's