Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing Cams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get a kick outta watching various surf boarder’s online cams from Florida on the net, because every once in a while I get to see live someone surf fishing.

Wouldn’t it be entertaining and useful in so many ways, to us here in Ontario, to have MNR video cams installed at some of the more popular fishing spots like Bronte pier, or at the “steps” of the Ganaraska River in downtown Port Hope, or looking down Port Maitland or Port Dalhousie piers, or just below Caledonia dam..etc……….?

Then we could all occasionally get a “fishing fix” from home by watching others in real time……get a live remote look at the weather/water conditions ……plus it would sure promote following fishing regulations.

Comments?....................

Cheers,

OldTimer
What a perfect idea! It would really help slow down the crime in these areas.
Those spots will never be busier then...

Can you imagine when someone hooked a salmon? Within 30 seconds hundreds of anglers will descend on the spot like flies to a piece of rotten meat...actually...that's a pretty accurate analogy...Tongue
LOL nice... yeah would be a good early warning system for the fall salmon Big Grin

Or I can just install my own trail cameras.... *shifty eyes* ....
you could use two rods, one with bait, one with a gopro on it , the new gopro's have wifi. Not sure if you can output it to ipod yet or not. I've been tempted to put my gopro in and leave it for awhile too see what swims by. But then i realize it's a $300 lure that will surely get snagged on a rock Smile
Reference URL's