Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: summer fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone, i came in Canada from italy 2 month ago, and i was wandering what kind of fish you can catch at this time of the year. i live close to the mouth of bronte creek. reading in a few magazines and in a few websites i understood that summer is not too good for shore fishing, but i cant even think to dont cast for the whole summer, so i was hoping to recive any good suggestions from some of you.
thank you
The mouth of Bronte Creek should have some Bass, Brown Bullhead, and Carp. There might be a pike or two on the marina side, but fishing on that side requires extreme care to avoid snagging dock structure. They may have prohibit fishing on that side now...

Summer is a bit slow there...fall time is when Salmon, Steelhead and Brown Trout run up the creek. If you are lucky, you may find some as early as 2nd week of August. Try fishing evening and night time for the Salmonids with large spoons or J-13 Rapalas.

Buona fortuna!
thank you!
is anything running yet?
Reference URL's