Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Milne Carp Meetup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(07-26-2013 08:31 AM)john20000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2013 02:22 PM)rich_ace_G Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads up at Milne. It gets packed quite easily. For 2 straight days i'm going there it was quite packed.

Which area is packed?

princess st. area. it's starting to get packed just like last year. family picnics and stuff. lot's of little kids too. I don't mind them when I fish but sometimes they throw stones in the water which is kind of annoying but hey we have to share the area to everyone. I hike a little further.
So whats the status on the meetup? mcfly got any dates?
(07-27-2013 03:22 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]So whats the status on the meetup? mcfly got any dates?

Anyone free thursday this week?
I should be free Thursday.
I'm at milne almost every other day. Lot's of catfish lately.
what area is the planned meet up point?

it is a large area, and many places to park.
I should be able to make it Thursday after 630.
The only good spot I know is off princess st. But other than OSF people there could be others who frequent the spot.
I believe this is a good spot for a meetup.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?client=safar...TF-8&hl=en
Very funny, I think Google needs to vamp up their researching skills, as in this link it claims milne pond is part of the oshawa river, But we all know it is historically called the Rogue River.

From this spot, you can access the dam within a 5 min walk, and also the other 80% of the north shore.
You can choose to follow a path on either the east or west side of the creek that flows out from under the road here, left side takes you to the damn, right side across the little walking bridge takes you to the west side of the creek outlet.

you can park on Drakefield in this area only. go figure.

I would suggest checking out the areas between this drakefield and banfield area and the milne park "beach".
Stay East of the beach, as the water at the beach is only 1-2 feet across to the other side.

you will find a bit deeper water east of the beach area, but until you get to the banfield / "RAMERVILLE" Creek, the water level is a consistant 3-4 feet across the pond.

~Jeremy
Good spot. I think the deepest part of Milne is close to the dam. I'd say 8ft to 12 ft.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's