Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing the Credit for salmon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Eh guys,

Anybody interested in having weekly meet ups for salmon at the mouth of the credit on Sunday mornings??

Being doing it for a few years and it has yielded some very rewarding catches.

Recommended gear...

Spinning outfit
Any 4500 series reel size teamed up with a beefy pole like a ugly stick.
Little Cleos work very well here and especially the glow in the dark ones. For about a dollar less, you can buy the flashy times spoons at Bass Pro and they work just as well..... 3/4 oz weighted spoons are the size of choice.

Who's interested in making this a weekly meet up for the time that the salmon are entering the mouth of the credit??

you fish
IFish
Cool
I'd love to go salmon fishing however I doubt I can make it every week as credit river is quite far from me (I live in east Toronto).
Typically when do the salmon show up at Credit, and when do they peak?
It varies but usually by the second to third weekend, I find the fishing there pretty darn good.......but again it depends. I typically call the local tackle shops as they know and I also check with the CRAA....(Credit River Anglers Association) once a week and pick their brains. Pulling out 15 to 30 pounders is not uncommon here! Some awesome shore fishing if you ask me...
second or third weekend in August?
ill be going at the mouth of the bronte creek
I'd be interested around mid-September or October; I need to get a rig first..!
wondering how the credit is this week. I got my waders Tongue
(08-26-2013 05:27 PM)mcfly Wrote: [ -> ]wondering how the credit is this week. I got my waders Tongue

Muddy? LOL. Good luck turning the fish in the current Wink. That's part of the fun!
Isn't Muddy a good thing though? If the weather stays as is, i'll hopefully be heading out there tonight
I will be fishing the credit for salmon using little cleos and flashy times next weekend if anyone is interested
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's