Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Secret Entrance To Rockwood Conservation Park (eramosa river)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, new to this site i will be doing lots of reading and posting.

I dont own a boat, so i am always looking for places to fish off shore around the GTA, not in the GTA. Im usually out by guelph, acton area and have come across this secret entrance to rockwood conservation park.

Its off the main street ( highway 7 ), turn on valley road and park near the sub station, follow the path over the river and you reach a fence, there is a 1.5ft gap between the fence and the cliff where it is clear that people sneak in. I have been up here four times now and have only seen some older asians twice.

This spot is on the eramosa river. I dont think I want to go back since it is a very shallow river and i have lost so many lures and hooks to gunk in the river.

Anyways I guess my question is if anyone knows about this spot and if they have had the courage to walk up the trail into the main part of the park, where i assume the river widens and deepens.

I have only caught small bass and perch in this spot.
Wouldn't advise sneaking into Conservation Areas. As much as they are "public" park, they are owned by the conservation authorities. Entrance without permission by the authorities (ie, paying a park fee or permitted entry by park staff) is considered trespassing.

Not sure if the Eramosa is a navigable river...if it is, you could technically wade the river to gain access, but you CANNOT step onto dry ground. The moment you step onto dry ground, you are trespassing.
Reference URL's