Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pfleuger Supreme drag knob needed replacement after 4 or 5 months of use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How impressed am I with Pfleuger's $100 Supreme offering?

Not very much.

After about 5 months of use, the drag knob starting turning along with the spool... tightening as fish took any drag. I lost one or two fish before I figured out what was going on.

This was not a cleanliness issue, the actual drag knob began scraping away at the top of the spool.

The drag knob was replaced under warranty, but I'm not looking forward to the day this happens again... who knows which fish this is going to cost me.

$100 can't buy dependable gear... and Pfleuger was a brand I respected.
Not sure what is going on with Pflueger's quality lately...my Medalist reel shows corrosion on the bail arm after my Belize trip...and that's already after rinsing down the reel with freshwater after use. There is also corrosion on the drag knob's metal decoration (not a major issue...just annoying).

My older Solara had been so solid...and the Trion, for the price, had been solid as well.

I read Penn Battle is pretty decent. Friend of mine had been using one (I think 6000 size) as his bat ray reel lately. He's real impressed with it...but only time will tell.
Reference URL's