Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Mimico creek action and carp in High Park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
was yesterday fishing at Mimico Creek and it was just gorgeous. There are a couple spots where I saw lots of activity but I didn't catch anything.
Since it is such a nice bike ride from my place I am planning to go there again as soon as possible. Drop me a line if you go there, maybe just for a couple hours after work or so. I would love some advice for that particular spot.
I started my day in High Park and it was very interesting to observe the carp that are in the pond south of the Grenadier pond. They are really relaxed about people and probably a good learning possibility.

Thx and good fishing
(10-21-2013 06:02 PM)jan Wrote: [ -> ]They are really relaxed about people and probably a good learning possibility.

Thx and good fishing

That reminded me of the carp at Marine Land or Canada's wonderland. They come up right to shore to "beg" for food pellets and the pelelts are sold out of little dispensers.

I wonder how long it would take for them to start avoiding people if hooks were attached to those pellets...
Well the nice thing was that they are not quite as bold as your begging carps and seemed to behave pretty normal besides being relatively relaxed. They are not that gigantic either so that I assume some relatively standard gear should do the trick.
Hi guys, just got told by a user in a different forum that Mimico Creek is closed season.
I really want to be well informed and stay out of trouble.
Where do I get those info? How does the whole thing work?
So finally got somebody from MNR and Mimico creek is to small of a waterbody to be named in the exceptions so that just the normal regulations for zone 16 apply north of lakeshore.
Anything not named in the Exception section follows the General regulation section. It is not a matter of small or large body of water. It's a matter of some bodies of water has special regulations (extended seasons, shortened season, fish sanctuary, size or slot limit, special bag limit...etc) that needs additional mention.
Just quoting the guy from the MNR but thx for the additional info.
Reference URL's